• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

TrophyPromo - Trophy-based user group promotions

If you have your permissions and display styling set correctly then it won't matter which secondary groups administrators and moderators are members of.

If you have your permissions and display styling set correctly then it won't matter which secondary groups administrators and moderators are members of.

I haven't had trouble with it, I checked. Guessing my settings are right. Just wanted to point out that It would be nice if we could select usergroups we want to exclude from auto promotion.

I cannot figure out how to install this. I've uploaded the file named "upload" into the forum root folder. The file addon_TrophyPromo.xml is not part of that folder and not uploaded. When I go to install an add-on it can't find any file to install.

What am I doing wrong?

I cannot figure out how to install this. I've uploaded the file named "upload" into the forum root folder. The file addon_TrophyPromo.xml is not part of that folder and not uploaded. When I go to install an add-on it can't find any file to install.

What am I doing wrong?

You need to extract addon_TrophyPromo.xml to your computer, then in the addon install screen, click browse and pick it.

Got it!

Ok, when I upload that from my local computer and run the install, here is what i get:

Server Error

call_user_func(Dark_TrophyPromo_Install::install) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
  3. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  4. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 180
  5. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/XXXXXX/public_html/xfforums/admin.php at line 13

Got it!

Ok, when I upload that from my local computer and run the install, here is what i get:

Server Error

call_user_func(Dark_TrophyPromo_Install::install) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
  3. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  4. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 180
  5. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/XXXXXX/public_html/xfforums/admin.php at line 13

Are you sure you uploaded the files correctly?

For example did you upload the 'upload' folder itself to your forum root, rather than the contents of it?

Yes, but I renamed it so that I knew what it was. Was that bad
redface.png

I just realized that I forgot to give this add-on a thumbs up. Absolutely great work Darkimmortal. This functionality should absolutely be part of the core, but I'm glad to know this great solution is available now! :)

I just realized that I forgot to give this add-on a thumbs up. Absolutely great work Darkimmortal. This functionality should absolutely be part of the core, but I'm glad to know this great solution is available now! :)
yes, this is pretty integral to our community.
im not sure how we would function without it.

I have this setup on my site and for some reason it is not promoting users who clearly meet all the requirements I set in the trouphy. Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks, I had to delete the trophy and re-create it for users.

That's one way to do it, if you don't want to mess with database queries. I just "took away" the trophy from the users from the database, and the next time cron run the trophy section, the trophies were readded, and the promotions took place. This will mess with the date they received the trophy, though. (Which was not a problem for me, since my board is not live yet, so I'm the only user(s). :))

I wish to have signature enabled for 200 posts and i cant get this to award a trophy alone promote.

I have created a new user group with the signature enabled, added a new trophy with 200 posts and picked the user group to upgrade to.
I get nothing when the points are met. Any idears what i'm doing wrong.
I have run the trophy's cron.

Top Bottom