Trophy Variable: Award if Location/Avatar is Set

• Thread starter Thread starter Floris
  • Start date Start date
F

Floris

Could this please be updated with either a) reward the user with a trophy point for using an avatar, or b) add an extra option so we can reward someone for uploading an avatar?

Congratulations! You're not using an avatar ..
Makes no sense to me. Sorry. Especially when it sounds so logical to give someone trophy points for being more active on the site and picking an avatar.

Upvote 13
Oh I dunno.... "Congratulations for removing your avatar. Do you feel 'speshul' now?" could be a popular trophy . . .

It uses the same criteria as the notices system, for which that case is useful.

Having the reverse would be useful though, I did mention it a while ago but can't find the post now.

I kinda forgot it's the same criteria as for notices, where it does make sense.

Well, the same stays, criteria for having an avatar. :)

I must have, because I have no idea what your talking about? You edited your post! o_O
Did you seriously miss the sarcasm in that post?
1.1 is here, 1.2 is on the planning table.

Development won't stop here. We already have plans for a range of new features in XenForo 1.2 and beyond.

Our attention will also return to the Big Board Search Solution and Resource Manager that we mentioned in our development update back in May.

There is no one word about implementing post edit history,to be able to see when someone edits a post...

I know this is old, but I was just working on my trophies and wanted to see if this was added and I hadn't noticed it.

Can we add a trophy for a member posting/uploading an avatar? The option for "no avatar" is there (I know this uses same criteria as notices), but nothing for "having an avatar".

I know this is old, but I was just working on my trophies and wanted to see if this was added and I hadn't noticed it.

Can we add a trophy for a member posting/uploading an avatar? The option for "no avatar" is there (I know this uses same criteria as notices), but nothing for "having an avatar".
Agreed. I find that not many people post their avatar/profile picture up until after they have been a member for a while. This might encourage them to upload one sooner and thus making their posts have a more aesthetically pleasing look than just the default avatar.

PS. Wow this is actually a really old thread...now I feel bad for replying.

lol, well i have just started configuring my trophy point ad cant believe there are no pints for actually adding an avatar, yet there are trophy points for not having one

very strange

People forget what the criteria is used for.

Criteria isn't just used for trophies. It is also used for Notices and it's also used for User Group Promotions.

So... with that in mind, the criteria is most useful for creating a Notice that says "Hey, you haven't added an avatar yet. Create one here!"

I do actually have a solution for the other way around :)

http://xenforo.com/community/resour...hies-upgrades-and-notices-notifications.1306/

The above is a developer tutorial I wrote so people could get an example of how to add additional criteria to trophies, upgrades etc.

The actual example I used adds an addition criteria that matches true if a user DOES have an avatar set.

You can actually install the example code as an add-on and this should give you the criteria that you want.

I also see that it does not show in "Recent Activity" when user has deleted his Avatar.

So sometimes I have a new user uploading his image, then a few minutes later he deletes his image.
Then when looking at the "Recent Activity" it says: "user xyz has a new Avatar".
But there is actually no Avatar showing as the user has deleted his Avatar.... ? :confused:

Currently, you get a trophy if no location is set...

You also get a trophy is no avatar is set...

WTF??? That doesn't make any sense.

Why can't we award a trophy if an avatar or location is set?

That makes way more sense. Just saying...

Screen%20Shot%202013-04-14%20at%2011.55.31%20PM.png

Top Bottom