XF 1.5 Trophy upgrades and downgrades?

MattH

Hi

I'm trying to understand if it is possible to upgrade users into a certain usergroup using trophies, and also downgrade them if they become inactive?

The idea being to create a premium area only available to members who reach certain criteria.

Additionally, if they were downgraded, could there be a paid user group upgrade that would override that and allow them back into the premium areas even if they weren't active and earning the trophy upgrades.

Thanks!

Use a promotion:

Admin CP -> Users -> User Group Promotions

A single promotion is all you need. If a user meets the criteria the promotion will be applied. If later they fail to meet the criteria then it will be reversed automatically.

Use a promotion:

Admin CP -> Users -> User Group Promotions

A single promotion is all you need. If a user meets the criteria the promotion will be applied. If later they fail to meet the criteria then it will be reversed automatically.

Thanks Jake. My challenge is how they fail to meet the criteria if they've already met it? EG if they are promoted for having a certain number of likes, or other trophies, how would that number reset so as to keep a fresh count of how active they are?

Thanks Jake. My challenge is how they fail to meet the criteria if they've already met it? EG if they are promoted for having a certain number of likes, or other trophies, how would that number reset so as to keep a fresh count of how active they are?
If you want upgrades/downgrades based on activity, you'd be better basing it on making a certain number of posts in a period of time using this add-on:

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/cta-criteria.3006/

Top Bottom