Fixed  Trophy-link in Alert goes to the wrong screen

Grover

I'm on the fence with this one. On one hand, you're right, it makes more sense to be taken to your profile. But on the other hand, the help documentation includes the trophies you haven't reached, so as to let you know when the next milestone is.

If only the profile page also included the trophies that have not yet been achieved (and greyed them out or something), then it would be the best option.

I'm with Grover on this, I expected information of what my trophy was, instead of what is available. The alert was for something that just happened, and instead of getting information about what just happened (like the other alerts) I get a page of what could happen in the future.

I would have liked the word "trophy" linked to a list of all trophies, and the "Seriously Likable" perhaps linked to a NAME label explaining what "Seriously Likable" means, or the member's list of trophies, but maybe that's too many links.

I would argue that it's important to point them to a list of trophies, as they're likely to not be aware that there are awards for completing tasks. There has been a suggestion to add user-aware context to the trophy list, which would make it similar to the popup anyway (though listing all the trophies available).

I fear that adding all the trophies to each member's trophy list would really end up being more noise.

Our members will find the way it works "odd", but not worry about it very much.

They will be much more concerned with the other basic forum navigation which is shaping up nicely.

Would it be possible to display "You've earned this trophy on..." on the help page too? Personally I'd like to see ALL trophies, the ones that are available, and the ones I've gotten on the same page rather then separating them the way they are (the help page lists all the trophies, but not which ones I've already gotten).

I would argue that it's important to point them to a list of trophies, as they're likely to not be aware that there are awards for completing tasks.
Here are 4 suggestions that easily handle this concern. Note: (1) is already in place ! (Mike did you know that ?)
My 3 other options stand out more and would really inform people that there are other trophies.
trophies.suggestion.4.options.1.already.in.place.webp
There has been a suggestion to add user-aware context to the trophy list, which would make it similar to the popup anyway (though listing all the trophies available).
That would work. Sounds like that would take some programming time. This thread's suggestion requires almost no work.
Grover and I's suggestion (with your "education" tweak) could be an interim solution.
I myself already suggested a much more fun version of trophies where each Trophy had a page (which could be themed).

I fear that adding all the trophies to each member's trophy list would really end up being more noise.
+1 agreed.

Top Bottom