Fixed Trophies on new 2.1 install are serialized instead of json encoded

Jon W

Affected version
2.1 Beta 3
In XF\Install\Data\MySql, the database query to create default trophies uses serialized values instead of json encoded values.

Thank you for reporting this issue. The issue is now resolved and we are aiming to include that in a future XF release (2.1.0 Beta 5).

Change log:
Adjust some default install data, notably trophy criteria which was still serialized rather than JSON.
Any changes made as a result of this issue being resolved may not be rolled out here until later.

@Chris D @Mike

Since this bug exist in xF 2.1 Beta 1, my upgrade from Beta 4 to Beta 5 didn't convert the serialized data in the database to the JSON encoded values (still serialized).

If am upgrading from xF2.0.12 to xF2.1 am expecting all my data should respect the new approach of using JSON, then this should be done while upgrading without the need of doing any manual edit as long my data belong to the tables that xF core uses.

If am upgrading from xF2.0.12 to xF2.1 am expecting all my data should respect the new approach of using JSON, then this should be done while upgrading without the need of doing any manual edit as long my data belong to the tables that xF core uses.
Well, that is the case already.

The bug that was reported only affects new XF 2.1 installs prior to Beta 5 and only relates to the default trophy data which was inserted serialized instead of JSON encoded.

Top Bottom