Traveling with family to USA

Thank you for link. Yes, we're thinking about renting a car too. Definately would like to explore outside the cities.

We were also talking about native Americas at home. Are there any museums or anything similar on topic of native Amareicans around Chicago or Milwaukee?

What about Milwaukee? So, Chicago-Milwaukee and countryside trip.

Thank you all for your engagement.

For Native Americans go to North Dakota. but it is far away from your distance.

If I am taking the trip it will be like this:
https://roadtrippers.com/map?a2=p!1...ign=trip&utm_medium=share&utm_source=copy&z=7

Staying 3 states crossing 4 states, Between Big cites and small ones. In Michigan state you will enjoy the green but it will be warm on this time of the year.

You might want to think about Philadelphia (liberty bell, liberty hall, US naval ship yards, US mint). That will put you in driving distance to Lancaster county (Amish farms, etc.), Gettysburg, Washington DC, New York city and Atlantic City New Jersey. There's probably more, but those are what pops to mind right now.

Having lived most of my life in Chicago and left the area, I can't recommend it for activities outside of the immediate Chicago area. There really isn't anything there where driving might be an option (less than 2 or 3 hours) except for the Zoo, some shopping malls and maybe a train museum.

If you end up in the Washington, DC area, we have tons of museums. I highly recommend the International Spy Museum, National Air and Space Museum and the National Museum of Natural History. These were, by far, my favorites. Of course, there's also the National Mall where you can walk around and visit the monuments.

Having lived most of my life in Chicago and left the area, I can't recommend it for activities outside of the immediate Chicago area. There really isn't anything there where driving might be an option (less than 2 or 3 hours) except for the Zoo, some shopping malls and maybe a train museum.
Thanks. We left the idea for Chicago. Currently we are concentrated to Toronto, Niagara Falls, then somewhere to USA, but around that area. We're 99% we'll go there.

But this:
You might want to think about Philadelphia (liberty bell, liberty hall, US naval ship yards, US mint). That will put you in driving distance to Lancaster county (Amish farms, etc.), Gettysburg, Washington DC, New York city and Atlantic City New Jersey. There's probably more, but those are what pops to mind right now.
If you end up in the Washington, DC area, we have tons of museums. I highly recommend the International Spy Museum, National Air and Space Museum and the National Museum of Natural History. These were, by far, my favorites. Of course, there's also the National Mall where you can walk around and visit the monuments.
... is also very interesting. So much to see. We just have to decide. But like said, 99% for Toronto and surroundings.

... is also very interesting. So much to see. We just have to decide. But like said, 99% for Toronto and surroundings.
I grew up in Michigan. There's a few things to do there. This site has a lot of information: http://www.michigan.org/. If you're there around August, Grand Haven, MI does a Coast Guard festival in the downtown area. They do fireworks, a carnival, and it's home to one of the world's largest musical fountains (3 American football fields long). The west coast of Michigan is gorgeous and is lined with beaches and state parks. Not sure if you want to travel this far north, but there's also Mackinac Island which is definitely worth a trip. If you like beer, there are tons of microbreweries, as well. My favorite is Founder's in Grand Rapids. Anyway, I feel like I'm trying to sell you a good time now, so that's enough out of me! :P

A place on the East Coast I'd recommend is Charleston, SC. It's one of the most historic cities in the nation and is full of places to visit, from museums and historic houses you can tour, to plantations and the World War 2 aircraft carrier USS Yorktown. There is great seafood there and the unique barbeque with Carolina Gold sauce (try Bessinger's!). Charleston is the #1 destination in the USA for weddings because it's very scenic.

A place on the East Coast I'd recommend is Charleston, SC. It's one of the most historic cities in the nation and is full of places to visit, from museums and historic houses you can tour, to plantations and the World War 2 aircraft carrier USS Yorktown. There is great seafood there and the unique barbeque with Carolina Gold sauce (try Bessinger's!). Charleston is the #1 destination in the USA for weddings because it's very scenic.
Also sounds great! Thank you.

Top Bottom