1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Translating Error Message Text

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Aivaras, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Aivaras

Aivaras Active Member

Here is the text of the error message:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [no address given] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.​

I want to translate the text of the message but cannot locate it the in the language files.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That is an error message from the server, not XenForo.
  3. Aivaras

Aivaras Active Member

OK, that explains it, thanks.
  4. Aivaras

Aivaras Active Member

I have another question.

When a forum is chosen one sees in the address bar a path that starts with "domain/forums/..."

And respectively when a category is chosen one sees "domain/categories/..."

Where can I find the words "forums" and "categories" for those particular instances? I would like to change them to something else.
  5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

6. Aivaras

Aivaras Active Member

Thank you, works as expected!
  7. Aivaras

Aivaras Active Member

OK, I managed to change "categories", "forums", and "threads" to their local counterparts. How can I change the "#post-" part at the ends of post addresses? I've experimented with wild cards but had no success.
  8. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

You can't change the "anchor" (or query string) part of URLs.
  9. Aivaras

Aivaras Active Member

Thanks! I won't be banging my head against the wall then by trying to change it.