RM 1.0 Translate Resource Manager

I haven't translated but wouldn't you have to go into debug mode and export something? I'm guessing that is the case but like i said i've never had to translate so unsure.

Export language and translate, no ?

I export the specific Resources Manager language and I get an xml file.

I translate every line in the xml from this:
Code:
  <phrase title="free" addon_id="XenResource" version_id="1000011" version_string="1.0.0 Alpha 1"><![CDATA[Free]]></phrase>

To this:
Code:
  <phrase title="free" addon_id="XenResource" version_id="1000011" version_string="1.0.0 Alpha 1"><![CDATA[HERE MY TRANSLATION]]></phrase>

Correct ?

I save the file and then ? I go to import languages ? And how to upload it ?

I can download the specific resources manager language, but there is no option to upload it like that, just as a complete language. Replace english ? As a child ?

Can someone please share whats the correct way to do this ?

Thanks.

You just upload it into the language you want to change. It will only overwrite the RM phrases.

So, this are the steps.

1- Go to languages.
2- Select my language. (not english)
3- Click export.
4- From the list choose Resource Manager.
5- Translate the xml file.
6- Import language.

And choose ?

As a child of my language ?
As a main language file overwriting my language ?

As a child of english ?
As a main language overwriting english ?

Thanks.

You want to import it "into" (over) your language. Since it's an add-on export only, it will only overwrite any phrases that are part of that add-on.

You want to import it "into" (over) your language. Since it's an add-on export only, it will only overwrite any phrases that are part of that add-on.

Hey Mike.

The options are as a child or overwrite, there is no into, over or just a part, thats why I am asking.

So, according to the real Xenforo options for importing a language, what should I select ?

I exported "just" resource manager from my language. (Theres no option to just import that)
Now I have the xml file.
I hit import language and select what exactly from the options ?

overwrite my language ?
as a child of my language?
as a new language ?

I understand you are trying to say overwrite your whole language, but you are not saying that and those are the options. Please keep in mind we are not you and we do not know that obvious stuff to do.

So saying choose overwrite your language from the options instead of "import into it" will really help, that way I choose a real option I am seeing.

Thanks.

I'm saying choose overwrite, as it won't overwrite the entire language - it will just overwrite the phrases for the RM in that language.

Top Bottom