Transforming Localhost to a domain?

xReece

Hey there!

I've currently got XenForo installed on Wampserver, inside of a VPS (Running Windows Server 2012).

Whilst this is all well and good, I need to have my purchased domain functional with the XenForo Website. It will be the main thing, for example (www.example.com would point to the XenForo Site).

I understand this will involve me port-forwarding, but I cannot find any support on this. Turns out using Windows Server isn't such an ease as I would thought it would be easier than using Linux :>

I understand how to do the basics of Portforwarding, but I've no idea how to make the IP of the VPS run inside of a standard browser. Currently it only works inside localhost on the VPS and the domain pointing to the IP using A DNS doesn't respond because there is no portforwarding.

I'd appreciate any help given, however please try to go easy on me with your methods :3

Sounds like you need to check the Windows firewall to ensure that it's allowing port 80 through to Apache

Sorry, not an Apache admin so cannot offer much.
But looks like you need to check Apache config files, as you're only allowing internal (127.0.0.1 / localhost) access, and now need to change config to allow public access.

Top Bottom