XF 1.2 Transferring From Nulled to Licensed

billybatz9

How do I transfer information from nulled to licensed? Just acquired a site with a nulled license. I would like to transfer some data from the nulled copy to the licensed copy. I will be purchasing today to make everything legal and what not. Freaking scammers. Anyways, there are about 100 members and a few thousand posts that I would not like to lose. I dont care about the addons. I can re-add the ones I want. I dont even know if there are any bad add-ons in the system. So starting over might be best anyways.

All I want to do is transfer the members and posts from the nulled to the licensed along with the users passwords and etc... How do I do it?

Thanks!

Upgrade the nulled forum to 1.5 as you would a normal installation. Then create a new XF 1.5 installation. Then you can use the "Import External Data" page in the new installation to connect to the nulled installation.

This will bring over only the core data (so no add-ons or add-on data).

You will likely want to "Retain existing content IDs" then you won't need to worry about any sort of redirection. Then shut down the nulled version and make the new installation accessible at the same URL.

Upgrade the nulled forum to 1.5 as you would a normal installation. Then create a new XF 1.5 installation. Then you can use the "Import External Data" page in the new installation to connect to the nulled installation.

This will bring over only the core data (so no add-ons or add-on data).

You will likely want to "Retain existing content IDs" then you won't need to worry about any sort of redirection. Then shut down the nulled version and make the new installation accessible at the same URL.

How would I do this if I want to install the latest xenforo? Since I will be buying a brand new 1

How do I do this part? Just change the installation url?
Once the new XenForo is set up, you could rename or delete the folder of the old installation and rename the folder for the new XenForo so it matches the one you just removed. So if your old xenforo was at example.com/community you would clear out your community folder and then rename the new XenForo installation to be example.com/community -- this way you'll be using your new, legit forum but your users will find it in the same place the old one used to be. I think you have to change the installation URL first then do the file folder rename to match. Otherwise you might have to edit your config.

Top Bottom