Tranfering Members from XenForo to XenForo

John L.

Hi All,

I have two installations of XenForo on one domain. One is a private forum for which I am redoing a lot of things on my forums and also using 1.1 to test some functionality. What I would like to do is take my current 1.0.4 live installation members and transfer them to my 1.1 installation once it's stable (a formality) and supported.

The question, is there any easy way to do this? I don't want their posts or anything, just their accounts and basic information. Also note the user groups have probably changed as well.

Borgan, can you change the title to "Transfering Members from XenForo to XenForo?"

There is currently no way of importing another XenForo forum directly into an existing XenForo installation.

The only method is to go via vB or IPB, assuming they have XenForo importers.

Weird, would it be possible to insert the user table into the database?

It's more complicated than that because you have to preserve the relations between the various user tables. A proper import script is required. This can't be done manually.

In your situation you should upgrade the live forum to 1.1 once you are ready. Use the test forum as a point of reference in applying any custom development to the live forum (such as styles and settings) as opposed to trying to build onto the test forum.

It's more complicated than that because you have to preserve the relations between the various user tables. A proper import script is required. This can't be done manually.

In your situation you should upgrade the live forum to 1.1 once you are ready. Use the test forum as a point of reference in applying any custom development to the live forum (such as styles and settings) as opposed to trying to build onto the test forum.

Darn, a bit late for that I suppose. Thanks for the feedback though!

we really need this, its requested all over the boards. I have had a dead site laying on my hard drive waiting to bring my old forums members over.... they are all long gone by now!

Yeah we need something, I'm quite surprised that I have to export to Vb and then to Xenforo later on :D

No criticism at all guys, but the other free forums do that if I'm not mistaken ;)

Yeah we need something, I'm quite surprised that I have to export to Vb and then to Xenforo later on :D

No criticism at all guys, but the other free forums do that if I'm not mistaken ;)

The only one that I know of that has an "official" one is myBB. It is used to import
  • Invision Power Board 2.1, 2.2, or 2.3
  • MyBB 1.6 (Merge multiple copies of MyBB in to the one)
  • phpBB 2
  • phpBB 3
  • SMF 1.1, 2.0
  • PunBB 1.2
  • vBulletin 3.6, 3.7, or 3.8
I don't know if any other than it (and possibly IPB) that has an official one.

oh ! sorry if I was wrong then :confused: ;)

But moving Xenforo to another location shouldn't that be that complicated.. it happen that you HAVE TO move forums ;)

The XenSSO add-on would do the very, most basic part of this - sync user accounts from the "slave" (1.0.4) to the "master" (1.1) - but you'd have to deal with any clashes where people have the same username and manually modify them.

Also it only syncs username and email address - you wouldn't get any other account info such as user profile fields, sigs, etc.

Just a though. (y)

Top Bottom