Trader

Trader 1.5

No permission to download

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Trader - Allows giving feedback on sellers and buyers.

Description:

Allows giving feedback on sellers and buyers.

The Trader add-on is designed to work on forums that use threads and posts to describe items for sale.

(Example of Trader History link in a thread)

View attachment 126348

(Example of Trader History link in Member Card)

View attachment 126349

(Example of Trader History link in Profile Page)

View attachment 126350

(Example of Trader History menu)

View attachment 126351

(Example of Selling...

Read more about this resource...

@AndyB

Screen Shot 2016-01-16 at 12.03.48.webp

The two "Submit Feedback" links seem quite confusing to me.
I looked at changing their phrases, but it appears they both use the same 'trader_submit_feedback' phrase.
If separate phrases were available, I'd change the text to "Submit Feedback (Mick M is the seller, you are the buyer)" and "Submit Feedback (you are the seller, Mick M is the buyer)"

It would be nice if there was a "thread link" on trade comment page. When you click it , it would show the thing that he sold to buyer.

Hi, I set everything up as instructed but when members go to submit feed back they get "Unspecified Error". I have double checked everything without luck. Any ideas? Thanks

@Andy, thanks a lot for this addon. Is any plans to improve it?
For example, it will be nice ability for trader to post replies for recieved feedback.

Hi, would it be possible to add a link for admin to view all trader feedback? Maybe like the last 50 feedbacks given? It would enable me to keep an eye on any malicious feedbacks and also to see if the system is being used or abused by the members. At the moment there appears to be no way for an admin to monitor this. Thanks.

Is there a way to import feedback from XenTrader?

AndyB is helping me with this right now.

Hi, would it be possible to add a link for admin to view all trader feedback? Maybe like the last 50 feedbacks given? It would enable me to keep an eye on any malicious feedbacks and also to see if the system is being used or abused by the members. At the moment there appears to be no way for an admin to monitor this. Thanks.

It would be great to have a feedback log to keep track of what users are doing.
I really love the simplicity of this addon but it's definitely prone to abuse on an active marketplace (if you dont have a log to keep track).

_

I like the fact that there isn't a feedback % score so it forces members to look through the ratings before a trade.

I need to change the text a little, because I know people will get confused about the whole seller/buyer feedback since a some users have poor english.
I will also be customizing the style a little inside threads to make it a lot more obvious!

So far this is looking like the perfect lightweight feedback addon I've been needing.
I have wanted to disable xencentral / xentrader for a while just because its felt bloated and the support isn't the most active.

Last edited:
Added the addon and it works good. The 2 feedback thing is a bit confusing but I get it.

As for the text, mine show dark (I guess because of my style). How can I change the text color in the forum that says this:
Trader.webp

Added the addon and it works good. The 2 feedback thing is a bit confusing but I get it.

As for the text, mine show dark (I guess because of my style). How can I change the text color in the forum that says this:
View attachment 131191

Here's all I can really think of right now.

open addon-Trader_v.xml in Notepad++

At the bottom you will find:
Code:
<a href="{xen:link 'trader/history', '', 'user_id={$thread.user_id}'}" rel="nofollow">{xen:phrase trader_trader_history} ({$count})</a>

Now surround that with <div class="andyb_insidethread"></div>
Code:
<div class="andyb_insidethread"><a href="{xen:link 'trader/history', '', 'user_id={$thread.user_id}'}" rel="nofollow">{xen:phrase trader_trader_history} ({$count})</a></div>

Then you need to update the Trader addon with the .xml you just edited.
__

Now inside your EXTRA.css template, you can add:
Code:
.andyb_insidethread {
font-size: 18px;
text-transform: uppercase;
text-shadow: red 1px 1px;
background-image: url('http://i.imgur.com/65nN9tY.png');
background-size: 25px;
padding-left: 30px;
}

I didn't try to change the text color because my some of my colors are a little buggy (prob due to all my css edits).

But you could try to add:

color: orange !important;

_

Here's what it can look like.

OPbTcYx.png

You can customize all that however you like.

Last edited:
Why don't you play around with andy_trader.css under your templates?
It's quite easy to customize these things especially with browser tools like inspect element.

Any wording can be changed under phrases.
Easy when you know what you're doing. I mean, it's no biggie.

It would be nice if there was a "thread link" on trade comment page. When you click it , it would show the thing that he sold to buyer.

@Andy, thanks a lot for this addon. Is any plans to improve it?
For example, it will be nice ability for trader to post replies for recieved feedback.

Damnit. Again I´m making use of one of Andys free modifications. Always short on money - well, "short" may be not the word of choice, but.. - I´d delayed a well deserved and moneytized "Thanks, Andy!" to the next month, and the month after that one and so on. But not this time comrades, not today - give back a little love so Andy can have a few more bee...erm..coffees to keep his creative machine running ;)

Cheers, @AndyB !

Last edited:
Top Bottom