Total newbie and thicko needs help ...

Jaws

Hi all
name is John and I run a motorcycle forum

Until May 4th this year I was pretty handy at things I.T., but unfortunately I suffered a brain f^rt ( stroke ) which has compromised what I knew about setting up forums ( which was not a lot but I could get by )
I am sorry to ask real basic stuff, but having tried to suss it out for two days, I had to accept defeat

To make matters worse we had a server crash and the forum was rebuilt from an old back up..

I have some questions which I need help with ( real basic stuff !)

1) The Home nav tab ( top left ) points to a wrong ( old ) URL.. How is it changed ?
2) The forum logo suffers the same.. When it is clicked on it points at a url that no longer exists
3) Members click on a sponsorship button to upgrade their account.
It used to be £15, but due to changes I reduced it to £5.50 .... This has reverted back to £15 and I cannot remember how I changed it !

Any and all help would be gratefully received :-)

1) The Home nav tab ( top left ) points to a wrong ( old ) URL.. How is it changed ?
Admin Control Panel -> Options -> Basic Board Information -> Home Page URL
2) The forum logo suffers the same.. When it is clicked on it points at a url that no longer exists
Same as above.
3) Members click on a sponsorship button to upgrade their account.
It used to be £15, but due to changes I reduced it to £5.50 .... This has reverted back to £15 and I cannot remember how I changed it !
Admin Control Panel -> Users -> List User Upgrades

From there, select your upgrade and adjust the price accordingly.

Unless you've implemented your sponsorship button some other way. :)

Admin Control Panel -> Users -> List User Upgrades

From there, select your upgrade and adjust the price accordingly.

Unless you've implemented your sponsorship button some other way. :)

Life saver.. so simple to one who knows :-)

But no luck with number three.
I do not seem to have a List User Upgrades ....

The reason you have User Upgrades missing is because the admin user you have logged into the ACP with is not a Super Administrator, it's just an Administrator and you haven't got the "Manage user upgrades" admin permission. You will need to log into the ACP with your Super Administrator user to access User Upgrades (and if desired, you can then assign that admin permission to the Administrator you have been logging in with via Users > Administrators).

The reason you have User Upgrades missing is because the admin user you have logged into the ACP with is not a Super Administrator, it's just an Administrator and you haven't got the "Manage user upgrades" admin permission. You will need to log into the ACP with your Super Administrator user to access User Upgrades (and if desired, you can then assign that admin permission to the Administrator you have been logging in with via Users > Administrators).

No super admin log in :-(

I feel like a completely useless berk here
I know that I set myself up as super admin ( edited the config php file ?? ) but it is one of those things that got killed off in my brain and has gone...

Ahhh !

I suddenly remembered how the config.php file had to be edited :-)

Did that and Lo! I have the List User Upgrades etc .. all sorted out

Massive thanks for not just dismissing me as a total numpty, and talking me through the changes

Top Bottom