Tor

Bob_R

Has anyone ever heard of Tor?

Well guess what. Anyone that has Tor and is a member of your site (maybe they have to already be a Mod) instantly becomes a Mod of every forum on your board!

If the staff here don't know about this I suggest you look into it immediately.

And, if I'm somehow wrong or mistaken please guide me in the right direction.

Because one of my members has just proved it to me. He can mod every single forum but the Staff Only forum.

Does anyone have a logical explanation for this?

You need to make sure to understand what you do. Just working around without knowing what you do will make things worse.

If you cannot understand how the permission sytem works, try to get help from someone who does.

Try this:

Analyze Permissions -> Node Permissions: Select the user in question, and select the node you know he should not have the permission to moderate. Scroll down to where a moderate forum permission is set to Yes. Click details, this will tell you exactly why the user has that permission for that node, :)

You need to make sure to understand what you do. Just working around without knowing what you do will make things worse.

If you cannot understand how the permission sytem works, try to get help from someone who does.

Wow. Why didn't I think of that. I started this thread to see if the sun is in sync with the moon.

Reactions: HWS
Try this:

Analyze Permissions -> Node Permissions: Select the user in question, and select the node you know he should not have the permission to moderate. Scroll down to where a moderate forum permission is set to Yes. Click details, this will tell you exactly why the user has that permission for that node, :)

This screenshot is from a forum of which he is not a moderator.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-01-23 at 1.18.53 PM.webp
    Screen shot 2015-01-23 at 1.18.53 PM.webp
    15.9 KB · Views: 16
You still have global permissions set for him. Do you have him as a member of the Moderator user group? Does this group have permission to Manage threads by anyone?

I thought Forum Moderator Permissions were for individual forums that one mods? This is what I have for the individual. I believe I am showing you what you asked above this post.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-01-23 at 5.44.35 PM.webp
    Screen shot 2015-01-23 at 5.44.35 PM.webp
    29.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Screen shot 2015-01-23 at 5.42.17 PM.webp
    Screen shot 2015-01-23 at 5.42.17 PM.webp
    15.5 KB · Views: 8
I'm unsure the context of that screenshot as you haven't said what page it is from exactly.

However, the analyze permissions system clearly shows that he's getting those permissions via the Moderating group itself. You should remove the moderator-level permissions you've set there and simply apply them via the "Moderators" system.

Top Bottom