Top Left Menu Logo Like Facebook, Twitter, Digg, Reddit?

DRE

As you can see from my site, I went with the facebook, digg, reddit, twitter, approach. I haven't seen any other Xenforo forums that have taken the same approach yet. Are there any out there that's doing this too and what do you think of the logo being in this position?

Last edited:
I quite like the idea, although I've done it on my (not yet live) site for months now:

3Wld8.png

I personally did it to save space - the top navigation is much smaller for having the text-based logo as a home tab instead.

Last edited:
I quite like the idea, although I've done it on my (not yet live) site for months now:

3Wld8.png

I personally did it to save space - the top navigation is much smaller for having the text-based logo as a home tab instead
Thanks. I started doing this in March cause I wanted to save space lol @ us coming to the same space-saving conclusion. Huge headers feel like a waste of space when I'm viewing the site from my phone.

How did you make your subnavigation menu shorter?
It's a bit of a faff as there's a few things you need to change. Basically:

Reduce the line height on .navTabs .navTab.selected .tabLinks a first - keep track of the number you reduced it by. After that, reduce the line height in .navTabs .navTab.selected .tabLinks by the same number, and do the same thing for #navigation .pageContent's height. Lastly, reduce #headerMover #headerProxy's height by the same number to pull the rest of the page up.

I can't remember whether all of these are part of style properties or templates, probably a mixture of both. Your homework is to find them. :D

I'm trying to duplicate this with the portal home tab of Xenporta and I can't get it to work. This is driving me nuts!

I'm trying to duplicate this with the portal home tab of Xenporta and I can't get it to work. This is driving me nuts!
Mine's just a modification of the XenPorta tab - my CSS just looks like this:

Code:
.navTabs .publicTabs .portal .navLink {

font-family: "MyFont",Helvetica,Arial,serif;
font-size: 24px !important;
font-weight: 200 !important;
padding: 0px 12px;

}
What's not working in yours? :)

The issue is in subreddits it's difficult to distinguish what takes you back to the root of the site and what takes you to the root of the subreddit. YouTube's execution is flawless.

Top Bottom