Tooltips not working for me on all XenForo forums

Wulfspider

I'm not sure how this happens, or why it happens, but on ALL XenForo forums, I cannot see any tooltips. Even here at XenForo.com, the tooltips do not work, instead it just shows the title text.

This happens even if I reinstall Windows, but sometimes it does work briefly, so I'm unsure as to what is actually causing it. It only seems to happens in Firefox and Chrome, Internet Explorer shows them properly. I've attempted to remove Chrome and Firefox entirely and then reinstall, but it still doesn't help.

From my testing, it seems to work fine on other computers on my network on all browsers, and I haven't had any other complaints, so that leads me to believe it's something unique on my computer that is causing it, but I don't see why it'd target XenForo. I haven't noticed any other sites performing oddly, and I don't have anything that would be blocking any resources.

See attached images to see what I am talking about.

Attachments

• bukkit.webp
    bukkit.webp
    64.5 KB · Views: 28
  • spout.webp
    spout.webp
    56.8 KB · Views: 28
  • spout-ie.webp
    spout-ie.webp
    53.6 KB · Views: 28
  • xenforo.webp
    xenforo.webp
    88.8 KB · Views: 25
I have the same problem with one of the laptops I use (Windows 7). For some reason, browsers were seeing the computer as a tablet and not a PC, so tooltips weren't shown. I never did get to the bottom of why this happened. Fortunately the laptop now have works properly.

I have the same problem with one of the laptops I use (Windows 7). For some reason, browsers were seeing the computer as a tablet and not a PC, so tooltips weren't shown. I never did get to the bottom of why this happened. Fortunately the laptop now have works properly.
Interesting.

Wulfspider - If you have Firebug on Firefox, check the "DOM" tab and click "XenForo". What's the value for "isTouchBrowser"?

Hmmmmm, doesn't help it for me. Are you using Windows 8?
I'm using Microsoft Windows 8 Pro 9 (64 bit) at the moment with Firefox Aurora (22.0a2 2013-05-06) at this moment, yes. :)

I'm wondering if maybe you're using an add-on in your browser that is conflicting. Or maybe a security program which has mistakenly blocked something (false positive).

I'm using Microsoft Windows 8 Pro 9 (64 bit) at the moment with Firefox Aurora (22.0a2 2013-05-06) at this moment, yes. :)

I'm wondering if maybe you're using an add-on in your browser that is conflicting. Or maybe a security program which has mistakenly blocked something (false positive).
There aren't any security programs running right now, and I've disabled the majority of the addons in Chrome and there are none in Firefox.

There aren't any security programs running right now, and I've disabled the majority of the addons in Chrome and there are none in Firefox.
You said you formatted your computer at one point and the issue continued....

.... Something you're adding isn't adding up. Whatever program you installed after re-installing Windows, but before coming to a XenForo site.... Is the issue. No matter if its a disabled add-on or small harmless program.

Something you're doing is being repeated.

I did, which I mentioned above. #post-533873
Then I can't help, but to come back to this

http://xenforo.com/community/thread...r-me-on-all-xenforo-forums.49889/#post-533883

If you've formatted your computer and re-installed Windows, as you said you did (here) and you're still having the issue... Something you're installing or setting up before coming here, is the issue. Does not matter what you're installing or adding, its the issue.

Whatever setting you change or whatever you applied... Don't do it or if possible undo it.

Top Bottom