Took Me two minutes to install

The whole installation process? Uploading the folder to your server space only takes more than that.
Not necessarily. That depends on if you upload it file by file or just have the server extract the zip... Also depends how quick your upload speed is.

In my case I uploaded the zip, had the server extract the file, and ran the setup.... 45 seconds total time :)

Not necessarily. That depends on if you upload it file by file or just have the server extract the zip... Also depends how quick your upload speed is.

In my case I uploaded the zip, had the server extract the file, and ran the setup.... 45 seconds total time :)

Still even with zip to be extracted it takes more than 45 seconds even with a quick upload speed. Not to mention entering the db details and then reupload the config.php file etc. Not trying to argue/debate btw, just saying.

But glad to see that it takes that little time for you :)

I stuttered on the MySQL step. As a newb, it took me a moment to realize I needed to create my own DB. I thought the install script might do that. And the instructions in the Manual do not touch on this point.

But once I got that figured out, I was running in a couple minutes too.

Good job, XenForo.

Not to mention entering the db details and then reupload the config.php file etc.
I didn't have to do this when I first installed xf1.1.3 and the versions more than xf1.1.3. The config.php was setup automatically as opposed to the documentation. o_O

Some servers don't write the config.php file so it needs to be uploaded manually.

This is only required when installing, not upgrading.

Top Bottom