1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Took Me two minutes to install

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by Sadik B, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Sadik B

Sadik B Well-Known Member

Haha i love this shiny new toy. Took me 2 minutes to install the whole thing... :D

2. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

This post was made way back when XenForo 1.0.x was released. It's only gotten better.... Took me 45 seconds to install XenForo 1.2.2

3. Sadik B

Sadik B Well-Known Member

Lol, getting replies and likes on a 3 year old post. Epic! :D

SneakyDave and Adam Howard like this.
  4. Robert F Schmitz

Robert F Schmitz Well-Known Member

Just goes to show that some things get better with time. ;)

Adam Howard and borbole like this.
  5. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

The whole installation process? Uploading the folder to your server space only takes more than that.

SneakyDave likes this.
  6. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

Not necessarily. That depends on if you upload it file by file or just have the server extract the zip... Also depends how quick your upload speed is.

In my case I uploaded the zip, had the server extract the file, and ran the setup.... 45 seconds total time :)

Shyuan likes this.
  7. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

Still even with zip to be extracted it takes more than 45 seconds even with a quick upload speed. Not to mention entering the db details and then reupload the config.php file etc. Not trying to argue/debate btw, just saying.

But glad to see that it takes that little time for you :)

SneakyDave likes this.
  8. Johnn Four

Johnn Four Member

I stuttered on the MySQL step. As a newb, it took me a moment to realize I needed to create my own DB. I thought the install script might do that. And the instructions in the Manual do not touch on this point.

But once I got that figured out, I was running in a couple minutes too.

Good job, XenForo.

SneakyDave and Steve F like this.
  9. Shyuan

Shyuan Well-Known Member

I didn't have to do this when I first installed xf1.1.3 and the versions more than xf1.1.3. The config.php was setup automatically as opposed to the documentation. o_O

10. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Some servers don't write the config.php file so it needs to be uploaded manually.

This is only required when installing, not upgrading.