XF 1.4 Too Many Connections issue

Demon_skeith

I got this error 4 times recently:

stack Trace
#0 /library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(315): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->_connect()
#1 /library/XenForo/Application.php(727): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->getConnection()
#2 [internal function]: XenForo_Application->loadDb(Object(Zend_Config))
#3library/XenForo/Application.php(970): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#4 library/XenForo/Application.php(1001): XenForo_Application->lazyLoad('db', NULL)
#5 library/XenForo/Application.php(1571): XenForo_Application::get('db')
#6 library/XenForo/Model.php(161): XenForo_Application::getDb()
#7library/XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.php(138): XenForo_Model->_getDb()
#8 library/XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.php(97): XenForo_Model_DataRegistry->_getMultiFromDb(Array)
#9 library/XenForo/Dependencies/Abstract.php(147): XenForo_Model_DataRegistry->getMulti(Array)
#10public_html/deferred.php(16): XenForo_Dependencies_Abstract->preLoadData()
#11 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(33) "http://edgegamer.com/deferred.php"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(3) {
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(95) "/threads/the-next-unreal-tournament-shooter-will-be-completely-free-and-developed-by-you.72118/"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}

I know from my searches, that its either a robot problem or server problem which this does seem to come up as a mysql issue on my error page. I'm still setting up my site so I really don't have much traffic coming.

I just need to know what exactly this issue is and yes I am on a shared hosting plan.

My hosting claims the current sever wide setting is 500 with many large sites on the same hosting with no issues. They're asking how many connections there should be or something like that.

I've responded to your ticket, but if they are allowing 500 connections, then something has used them up and it's probably unlikely to be you unless someone is (D)DoSing you. That might just indicate that the server is very busy (or was at that time). Keep an eye to see if it happens with any frequency.

Top Bottom