XF 2.0 Toggle BB Code - Non Functioning?

ldsavow

Hopefully this is just a total Newbie question with a really simple obvious answer.

Just built a new forum from scratch. 10yr veteran of vB, Total Newb on XF.

I cut and past a fully formated block of text into a new thread and click on the "Toggle BB Code" cog to see the source formatting code displayed in what I am assuming would be a similar manner to vB.

But absolutely nothing happens when I press on the Cog Wheel. Except that from then on anything I try to do generates...

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Please enter a valid message.

Even trying to post this message in this forum now generates that same error.
What on earth is going on?

I am running FireFox 60.0.1

help a newb start learning about XF..

Have you confirmed that your setup meets the minimum requirements of XenForo? PHP version?
Have you checked the developers console for any errors?
Have you checked the vhost error log?
Have you tried it with another browser?

If it's also happening on the official XF site, it strongly suggests it's something on your computer (anti-virus, FireFox plugin, etc).

If it's also happening on the official XF site, it strongly suggests it's something on your computer (anti-virus, FireFox plugin, etc).
I may have failed to make that clear.
The functionality works PERFECTLY on THIS Forum site.
But does nothing on my new test forum.
I am SURE its a miss configuration on the new forum, but I haven't been able to track it down as yet.

• Logs
  • Server error logs
    No errors have been logged.

585 views and no one is willing to offer a comment on this?
Seriously??

So you have been in the game for 10+ years and you believe all of the 585 views were actually someone that could help? I’d be willing to bet that most of those views were bots and guests.

Also, you are complaining that no one helped you in less than 15 hours?

• Logs
  • Server error logs
    No errors have been logged.
That is nota server level vhost log (the HTTP server log file). That is a log file from the ACP, which has nothing to do with the server level where the issue may be showing itself in the log files. It could be something as simple as mod_security.

So you have been in the game for 10+ years and you believe all of the 585 views were actually someone that could help? I’d be willing to bet that most of those views were bots and guests.

Also, you are complaining that no one helped you in less than 15 hours?
Yup
Genuinely surprised.

My Forum Statistics

Threads: 366,053,
Members: 107,162

When people ask questions they typically get answers pretty fast from a very large member base.
I suppose I have NO idea at all what the size of the member base is here, but with 600 views, there had to be a reasonable number of real users that might have had a HINT of what was causing this rather odd error.

Perhaps I was completely off base.??

Maybe this is an extraordinarily uncommon problem that no one else has ever seen before??

Default style with no customizations?
Any add-ons dealing with posts?
Have you done a file health check and confirmed all files are present and "healthy"?

I go back to checking your PHP log, HTTP server log and (if separate) mod_sec log if you are using Apache.
I'm assuming you are on PHP version 5.6 at least.

I know this is an older thread but I can not make the Toggle BB Code button work.
XF Version 2.0.10
PHP 5.6 something
No server errors listed
Files checked and are fine.

The Toggle BB button works the same way here for me as it does on the forum in question. I don't see the BB code on a post. It doesn't work in the same way it did with the 1.5X versions.

Top Bottom