Resource icon

Today's Visitors 1.1.1

No permission to download
  • Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
this is causing line breaks when it shouldn't, can the breaks be after a name, not in the middle?
right now it's breaking my name into two lines :(

Brando
n

which looks very bad, it's also happening to other usernames

Thanks
I can't confirm this in the stadard style

Attachments

• bug.webp
    bug.webp
    8.6 KB · Views: 51
any suggestions on how to move the block from the sidebar to the bottom of the page? the list winds up WAAAAY too long to be on the side for me.

for example, on the Recent Activity page see the screenshot.

it's not too bad in the screenshot but that's becasue it's early int he morning. by midnight it's 5x as long.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.webp
    Screenshot_2.webp
    54 KB · Views: 47
any suggestions on how to move the block from the sidebar to the bottom of the page? the list winds up WAAAAY too long to be on the side for me.

for example, on the Recent Activity page see the screenshot.

it's not too bad in the screenshot but that's becasue it's early int he morning. by midnight it's 5x as long.
jeeeeeeeeeeeeez:D

i think i should include some limits (e.g. show only 50 and provide an "view all" link)

if you want to move it, you'll need to change the template hook (i'm also not sure if you would need to change the template because of the fixed box width)

When I hide the sidebar online users template from guests, this addon no longer shows. Also when I installed your inactive user notification addon it changed the position on the sidebar from being at the bottom, to the top.

jeeeeeeeeeeeeez:D

i think i should include some limits (e.g. show only 50 and provide an "view all" link)

if you want to move it, you'll need to change the template hook (i'm also not sure if you would need to change the template because of the fixed box width)
I was trying different template hooks with no luck. I'll try again. at least I know it's an option. thanks

as for the limit, I'm only showing it on the recent activity page which most of my users don't use so it's sorta on it's own page as it is.

Next version will include a output limit (i'm not sure about a own page showing ALL users.. don't think that anybody will view it^^)

online.webp

I was trying different template hooks with no luck. I'll try again. at least I know it's an option. thanks

as for the limit, I'm only showing it on the recent activity page which most of my users don't use so it's sorta on it's own page as it is.
What hook did you try?

I wasn't able to find any hook inside of news_feed_page_global :(

I wound up sticking it in the sidebar on the who's online page. I'll have to check the hook. Might be the same. I edited the template & added a under here comment & then used that in ur script for the search. It worked but I'll prob make a tms edit to or something. Sorry I don't have the details but I'm on my phone.

Next version will include a output limit (i'm not sure about a own page showing ALL users.. don't think that anybody will view it^^)

View attachment 31435

Thanks for the add-on - I've been trying it out on GeeksChat (low traffic / small visitor numbers) because I've been told it's more query efficient than my current one, but I've held-off on CycleChat (1000+ members some days) because I don't want the homepage to be 100ft tall and there doesn't appear to be a limit currently ... :ROFLMAO:

In the one I use at the moment on CycleChat there's an option in the ACP to set a number limit for the sidebar list, say 30, 40, or 75 members etc. - with a "... and X more" tagged onto the end. When you click the "more" it goes to its own page and shows the full list. I'm not sure if anyone ever clicks for the full list but I suppose it's a "feature".

Control of the total number shown would be very handy though as it would allow for management over the max length of the list in the sidebar. (y)

Cheers,
Shaun :D

I have installed it but I still don't see it in my side blocks at all

Top Bottom