Not a bug TMS does not inject code correctly

Adam Howard

Screenshot from 2013-09-28 13:45:42.webp

As I understood it, this would amend extra.css and not replace the contents of what may already be there in a custom style.

I learned recently that this does not always work (link). In this example, the following code was already in the style's extra.css
PHP:
<xen:include template="xendisConnect.css" />
But what ended up happening was TMS was not amending the template it was replacing it.

And directly editing the template outside of TMS also did not change anything. I could put any value or code I wanted directly into extra.css, but it was useless. TMS was completely replacing the full context of the template, when it should only have amended it.

Did you use $1 in your replacement?

What you might want to consider doing is just including a custom CSS to the end of the file template, rather than try to manage the CSS within the template modification system.

For example, you could use a regex find of: "/$/", and replace it with "<xen:include template="yourcss.css" />".

Then ultimately, the contents of the yourcss.css ends up being appended.

Not a bug.

The error is between user and keyboard. o_O
In this instance I am the user. :confused:

User: Hi. :oops: :p

I was fairly sure I had added $1 to that code. Guess what.... oops! :X3:

@digitalpoint I would much prefer to continue to use the TMS. My custom code is universal in the sense that I want it to apply to all my styles. It is more easy to manage via the TMS than it is for me to go back & forth through 8 styles.

@digitalpoint I would much prefer to continue to use the TMS. My custom code is universal in the sense that I want it to apply to all my styles. It is more easy to manage via the TMS than it is for me to go back & forth through 8 styles.
Why would you need to go back and forth through 8 styles? Do correct me if I'm wrong, but if these are all child styles then surely making these alterations to the parent would cascade the changes to all of them?

Why would you need to go back and forth through 8 styles? Do correct me if I'm wrong, but if these are all child styles then surely making these alterations to the parent would cascade the changes to all of them?
These are not all child styles, nor can they be all child styles. They are a collection of 7 independent custom styles.

Top Bottom