TMDb Movie Thread Starter for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

Snog

Snog submitted a new resource:

TMDb Movie Thread Starter - Start threads about movies the easy way!

tmdbbox.png

Do you run a movie review or discussion site? Always copying and pasting information from The Movie Database to your new threads? Or, maybe you just want a place on your site to discuss movies with friends.

Then this add-on is for you!

The TMDb Thread Starter allows you to enter the movie ID or the entire link to the movie at TMDb into your new thread, add whatever comments you like and post the new thread. The TMDb...

Read more about this resource...

Add some customization in thread page, move poster in right and align text to left, how is now don't look realy nice.

Add some customization in thread page, move poster in right and align text to left, how is now don't look realy nice.
You're the first to say that. ;)

People can change the display the information in the post as they like.

But I'll see about making it an option.

Last edited:
Funny I never thought of the poster being on the right either and I don't think I would change it if I could either.

Well, everyone has their own preference and that's why I added the option to have the poster on the right.

I will say that in my opinion the poster on the left looks much better on mobile devices, such as a tablet, with the XF 1.2 responsive design than the poster on the right. Especially in portrait mode.

I just had a look now on my tablet and I can see what you saying

Would it be possible to post Threads automatically with the "Registered Feed" Option in ACP?
Like, adding a Feed, that has all important Infos in it, like the ID and/or the whole URL

Would it be possible to post Threads automatically with the "Registered Feed" Option in ACP?
Like, adding a Feed, that has all important Infos in it, like the ID and/or the whole URL
Sorry, that's not possible.

And I don't know of any legal feeds of that sort to even begin thinking about adding that ability.

What about italian language?
Adding a language is no problem. I've added Italian.

But people need to be aware that not all movies have translations to all languages at TMDb. Especially new movies.

For example the plot for the new movie RED 2 has no translation to Italian yet. And little bits of information are missing, such as the runtime for the movie.

Another question, cannot tell from your demo...

Are you able to have other "regular" type posts in that forum as well? I realize you can have the movies listed, but what if you just want to discuss or compare something? Will that be able to happen, or is there a requirement to have a post with the movie info each time?

Another question, cannot tell from your demo...

Are you able to have other "regular" type posts in that forum as well? I realize you can have the movies listed, but what if you just want to discuss or compare something? Will that be able to happen, or is there a requirement to have a post with the movie info each time?
You can have regular posts in a thread. But you can't have regular threads. All new threads must start with a movie. Or since there is an option to not use the movie title as the thread title, it must at least contain a movie in the first thread.

Last edited:
Top Bottom