TMDb Movie Thread Starter for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

Hello, @Snog. :) Can you add support for ratings from imdb, kinopoisk, etc? :)
Any access to IMDB by any other method than the Amazon API isn't legal. And since the Amazon API requires payment of a fee, I don't see this happening at all.

The ratings system built into the system is for members of a site to rate the movie.

Any access to IMDB by any other method than the Amazon API isn't legal. And since the Amazon API requires payment of a fee, I don't see this happening at all.

The ratings system built into the system is for members of a site to rate the movie.
I do not mean to take a description of these sites, etc. And to take only an estimate of the film. :)
1.webp 2.webp

Or is it also illegal? :(

Just bought this for our forum last night. Great addon :)

One little bug I've noticed since upgrading to v2 (for our forum anyway) is that the Rate This Movie link doesn't appear to br visible in the thread tools, it appears when you hover over it though. I think it is something to do with the blink text.

I've edited the template and change the class from blink to Popup and all is good again.

Thanks for the update :)

Just bought this for our forum last night. Great addon :)

One little bug I've noticed since upgrading to v2 (for our forum anyway) is that the Rate This Movie link doesn't appear to br visible in the thread tools, it appears when you hover over it though. I think it is something to do with the blink text.

I've edited the template and change the class from blink to Popup and all is good again.

Thanks for the update :)
All you needed to do was change the color for the blink class.

It uses your style's @primaryLightest color. So if that isn't showing you could have edited that color OR just changed the color for blink in the tmdb_movie.css file.

Also, in the tmdb_thread_list_item template there is a typo in the closing </li> tag

Code:
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.tmdbthreads_show_forum.1}"><li><b>{xen:phrase tmdbthreads_title}:</b> {$thread.tmdb_title}/li></xen:if>

Also, in the tmdb_thread_list_item template there is a typo in the closing </li> tag
Thank you.

Download the system again from the same link sent to you earlier. I patched the files so it's fixed. (it was actually in 2 places).

Last edited:
Did you not go back in to ACP->Options->TMDb Movie Thread Starter and re-select the forum used for movies? (see the README.txt file)

Or did you edit the forum list template so the movie posters don't show in the forum thread list?
? I hadn't upgraded when I shared that link.

Since upgraded, I'm now seeing this everywhere:-
Ok. It looks like for some reason your system didn't import the new phrases.

I have no idea why that would happen.

The only thing I can suggest is to try importing the XML file again.

? I hadn't upgraded when I shared that link.

That's even more interesting. The system uses it's own template for the forum thread list and it should have been showing the movie posters in the thread list. It's always done that.

Has someone customized your site? Did they possibly modify templates or the code?

Ok. It looks like for some reason your system didn't import the new phrases.

I have no idea why that would happen.

That's even more interesting. The system uses it's own template for the forum thread list and it should have been showing the movie posters in the thread list. It's always done that.

Has someone customized your site? Did they possibly modify templates or the code?
The site has been customised - but not with any relation to the modification - that's upgraded perfectly up until this one :)

The site has been customised - but not with any relation to the modification - that's upgraded perfectly up until this one :)
If you want me to take a look at what's happening, send me a private message with a temporary admin username and password.

Anyone that has already downloaded the update, please download again from the same link provided earlier today.

You only need to upload the files again. You DO NOT need to import the XML file.

A small problem was found in the routine to update old threads. If you don't use that feature, there's no need to download again.

Top Bottom