TMDb Movie Thread Starter for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

I just contact Travis Bell from TMDB Movie and got this answer:

Hi,

I am not aware of any plugins that use our TV data yet. TV was only added to TMDb back in October so it’s a relatively new thing.

You should contact the developer of that plugin and see if he/she has any plans to add TV data to it.

I just contact Travis Bell from TMDB Movie and got this answer:

Hi,

I am not aware of any plugins that use our TV data yet. TV was only added to TMDb back in October so it’s a relatively new thing.

You should contact the developer of that plugin and see if he/she has any plans to add TV data to it.
And your point is?

There is a major function missing from the TV API at TMDB that is needed for me to proceed with creating the TV version. I have been monitoring the API for months now and it still isn't done.

Open Tickets
  • LH-297 - Hook up the change methods to TV
  • LH-298 - Create the method to list TV genres
  • LH-313 - Create the /tv/today method

My primary concern is LH-298. It's been pushed out repeatedly since it's creation. I might be concerned with LH-313 if I expand the add-on beyond what it's current state is.

Once that function is completed at TMDB, I will proceed with creating the add-on.

Last edited:
i can contact this guy and point them to this thread to try help you
My point is, there is no need for help. I have posted at TMDB asking when the function that is missing from their API might be completed.

The TV add-on is 90% done. The function is missing from the API at TMDB. Until they complete that there's nothing I can do.

And this is totally off topic for the Movie Thread Starter. If you wish to continue a discussion about an add-on that technically doesn't exist, please start a thread on my site. http://snogssite.com/forum/forums/new-mod-requests.3/ or continue the existing discussion about it http://snogssite.com/forum/threads/tv-thread-starter-coming-soon.79/

Last edited:
Hi Snog, thanks for the addon so far so Good, I just installed it and it works great. I have one question though. Why does it scroll to the bottom of the page automatically when entering the review forums?

http://www.dawgshed.com/index.php?forums/tmdb-movie-reviews.85/
I am going to guess that is has something to do with your style. It doesn't happen with IE for me, but does with Firefox.

I don't see that on any other site except yours. If you still have the default XF style available, change to that and see if it still happens. If it doesn't, then there is a definite problem with your style.

Last edited:
I am going to guess that is has something to do with your style. It doesn't happen with IE for me, but does with Firefox.

I don't see that on any other site except yours. If you still have the default XF style available, change to that and see if it still happens. If it doesn't, then there is a definite problem with your style.
Hey Snog, I thought that was a possibility but it does it on the Xenforo default style also, I have opened the skin so you can see..

Hey Snog, I thought that was a possibility but it does it on the Xenforo default style also, I have opened the skin so you can see..
Wow, that's really unusual.

I can't duplicate it, and I haven't seen that on any site that's running the thread starter.

It's almost like the system is taking the user to the first un-read thread at the bottom of the page.

Have you edited any of the default templates? What version of XF are you using?

Can you disable all other add-ons and see if it still happens?

There's something different on your system that's triggering the page to do that. But I have no clue what it is.

Last edited:
Wow, that's really unusual.

I can't duplicate it, and I haven't seen that on any site that's running the thread starter.

It's almost like the system is taking the user to the first un-read thread at the bottom of the page.

Have you edited any of the default templates? What version of XF are you using?

Can you disable all other add-ons and see if it still happens?

There's something different on your system that's triggering the page to do that. But I have no clue what it is.
1. latest version of Xenforo
2. Nothing special on my system
3. never touched the default template for anything
4. I have disabled all addons and the problem persists. No one is complaining it's just annoying.

1. latest version of Xenforo
2. Nothing special on my system
3. never touched the default template for anything
4. I have disabled all addons and the problem persists. No one is complaining it's just annoying.
I just went there now and it isn't happening. Something is turned off that was causing it, or something has changed.

Top Bottom