• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[tLk] ReadPC

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrYontem

Add-on Name: [tLk] ReadPC
Current Version: 1.1.0
Uploaded Files: 5 (five)
Installing Time: ~1 min.

Add-on Explaining
You can give permission to usergroups or users to see and read all conversation
And, you can give special permission to delete conversation (added at v.1.1.0)

Install and Upgrade Instructions
  1. Extract *.zip file
  2. Upload folders, which are in _upload folder, to your XenForo's root directory
  3. Import *.xml file via Install Add-on area
Setting Instruction
  1. You can set permission for usergroup from usergroup permissions area
  2. Also you can set permission for specific user from user permissions area

Attachments

On a lark I installed this. Set permissions for myself and the Admin group. Nothing shows in my username dropdown.

This addon is great for preventing abuses, the important is to inform users...for privacy etc.
Question: Is possible to set this only to super admin (and not for the "normal" admin)?

May I ask what this mod does?
you can see and read all conversations (of course just given permission users/usergroups)

On a lark I installed this. Set permissions for myself and the Admin group. Nothing shows in my username dropdown.
not set=no permission
never=no permission
YES=give permission

are u sure that your settings are correctly?

This addon is great for preventing abuses, the important is to inform users...for privacy etc.
Question: Is possible to set this only to super admin (and not for the "normal" admin)?
the user privacy is very important, i agree this
but, as i said, decision is personal decision =)

Answer: you can give permission from user permission area to specific user

It serves to download the conversations?
no, u cannot download conversation, you can just see conversation

Nice work. I tend to agree, privacy has limits, and the super admin / admin, should be able to see all content posted on their website, to reduce harm to other users and/or against site policy. Nothing worse than spammers targeting users via PC only or abusive things occurring that are not aloud upon the site.

I like the idea behind this mod. It has the ability to enable admins to better manage their site by viewing all the content generated on the site.

I do have a concern. Members need to be 100% aware if this mod is installed that their private conversations can be moderated. I am pretty sure most members feel their Private Convos are actually private.

Another concern is for site owners like myself who are not using this mod. If one upset user makes a negative blog entry, then all XF site owners can be impacted. A simple "don't register on XF sites because they can read your PMs" type of message would be an issue.

Again, nice idea, just ask that some caution be exercised around the sensitive nature of privacy.

I do have a concern. Members need to be 100% aware if this mod is installed that their private conversations can be moderated. I am pretty sure most members feel their Private Convos are actually private.

Another concern is for site owners like myself who are not using this mod. If one upset user makes a negative blog entry, then all XF site owners can be impacted. A simple "don't register on XF sites because they can read your PMs" type of message would be an issue.

There are 2 mods on vbulletin for read PM of users. One for IPB, 4 for phpbb, one for MyBB. And also, you don't need an addon to read pm. Simply see the db in the right table...every admin can see the pc of their users, Facebook staff can read users conv...i don't think there are many users that have this concern.

I suggest simply to inform users that you can, for prevent abuses (like defamation, warez, etc.) see in the PC of users.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom