[tl] Watermark

[tl] Watermark [Paid] 2.0.4

No permission to buy ($31.82)
If you looking for add-on which can revert watermark this add-on never do that.
Unluckily then that shoots it down for me ever buying it. There are other watermark add-ons out there that can perform the functions without changing the initial image.

Unluckily then that shoots it down for me ever buying it. There are other watermark add-ons out there that can perform the functions without changing the initial image.
Apply watermark on demand can increase your CPU, RAM (depends of your board activity)

Apply watermark on demand can increase your CPU, RAM (depends of your board activity)
Pretty sure a 4vCPU/8GBRAM system (costing a whole $13USD a month) won't have a real hard problem... and if it did it would be simple enough to double those amounts.
Having it as an option would be nice. I REALLY don't want the images permanently changed - as what happens if you change your site name/domain?
If you REALLY wanted to get "fancy" with it, you could allow the end users to apply custom text watermarks to images.

@Tracy Perry
Why you dont use this one?
Its for free and dont touch the originals - I use it since months now without trouble. :cool:

@Tracy Perry
Its for free and dont touch the originals - I use it since months now without trouble. :cool:
That's one I played with... and for some reason the permissions for who would see it would not apply.
Also, some of my users already watermark their images and then if you have another writing on top of it it starts looking trashy, so really prefer something that the users can select whether THEY want the watermarks applied to their uploaded images.

full

That's one I played with... and for some reason the permissions for who would see it would not apply.
Has you have say that to the add-on author? He have a open ear for esisting problems - but you better post them in the thread from the other add-on. ;-)

Also, some of my users already watermark their images and then if you have another writing on top of it it starts looking trashy, so really prefer something that the users can select whether THEY want the watermarks applied to their uploaded images.
And thats one point why the other add-on dont touch the originals... its your choice, I have my done and it works very well for me.

is there any way to avoid increasing the size of an uploaded attachment in image watermark? or at least reduce. because from 1.7mb to 2.9 mb after watermarking, it's too large.

is there any way to avoid increasing the size of an uploaded attachment in image watermark? or at least reduce. because from 1.7mb to 2.9 mb after watermarking, it's too large.
Can you show your options and example image here?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230223_095354_Chrome.webp
    Screenshot_20230223_095354_Chrome.webp
    33.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20230223_095339_Chrome.webp
    Screenshot_20230223_095339_Chrome.webp
    36.7 KB · Views: 11
@Tracy Perry
Just a note (about a year later) on the dependence of 3rd parties to provide these type functions. That add-on has gone the way of the DoDo... this one is still present, but still apparently overwrites/changes the actual initial images.. not something I want to do.
So meanwhile, I simply tell my users if they want a watermark on their images.. put it there before they upload it. Of course, due to my niche, that is not a "big deal".

You answer on an old post over an add-on that is not downloadable anymore. ;)
Really. Was pretty clear on the statement the other add-on is dead and this one still makes changes to the original image, which the old one did not.
Being an astrophotography site, those type users tend to get upset if you change their images. :eek:
Creating the watermark overlay on the fly works better, but should be done on a per user based option.
It's why I can't use this add-on, as it makes irreversible changes to the uploaded image.

Last edited:
  • how i can set transparent bg to text watermark? (#000000/#ffffff is not transparent, if empty then showing errors)
  • what fonts are supported for text watermarks? what is the path i need to set for a font and where i need to upload font to be available for this addon.

i try to set ttf font and cant actually do it. id dunno mb the path is wrong though i tried different ways to set the path and nothing worked.

Last edited:
how i can disable scaling? it actually makes watermark pretty ugly at some dimensions and sometimes almost unreadable.
1690981204555.webp1690981226738.webp

Top Bottom