1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Timeout on group permissions modification

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by allewreK, Aug 22, 2015.

1. allewreK

allewreK Active Member

When editing usergroup's permission on my forum (500 000+ members), I have two problems :
    - PHP timeout
    - Server timeout

Would it be a good idea to add that AJAX page while rebuilding permissions, when editing theses permissions, to avoir timeout ?

Thanks

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It actually does this already when it thinks it's necessary. We may need to force this when editing the registered group at least.

3. Mike

I have made a change for the next 1.5 release here that tries to detect if there's a lot of work to do and shifts it off to a separate task if needed.

Xon, allewreK and Gatses like this.
  4. allewreK

allewreK Active Member

Thanks you very much Mike.

5. The Sandman

The Sandman Well-Known Member

Will 1.5.1 be released soon or can you tell me how to fix this in the current version? It's a bit of a pain...

6. Mike

The easiest workaround would be to increase whatever time out it's hitting. There are a couple potential ones, so it's hard for me to give specifics; it could be a PHP timeout (php.ini), a FPM timeout or some other sort of process killer.

That said, it shouldn't really be all that common. It's worth cleaning up your permission caches in the rebuild caches section which may reduce the amount of work required.

7. The Sandman

Would it also be dependent on the number of permissions added by add-ons? We're running quite a few on TAZ, and the list of permissions is quite long. :eek:

8. Mike

That would be a faster, but the number of combinations or the number of nodes are likely to be more significant (though they all multiply the amount of work required in total).

9. The Sandman

Thanks! Cleaning up the permissions cache did seem to help - still seems to take a long time but didn't time out.