1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Design Issue Time Zones during registration

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Moshe1010, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Moshe1010

Moshe1010 Well-Known Member

Not sure how that works, but when a user tries to register to my board it sets the wrong destination as a time zone. For example, a user on my board should have "(UTC +02:00) Jerusalem" set as its time zone during registration. However, it seems like ALL users that are registering from this region, get the time "(UTC +02:00) Eastern European Time".

Sure, one would argue that this is the same time zone but a different region. But if to be realistic, Eastern Europe is about 3-4 hours flight from Jerusalem, so that's not correct.

Just to be clear, the guest time zone set to UTC +02:00 Jerusalem in ACP, but I think it's irrelevant for this issue.

rellect likes this.
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

We attempt to guess the correct time zone, but this isn't possible - there are ambiguities where it's not clear which TZ it would be (both use DST but at different times, for example). You can remove this from the register_form template and it will just default to the guest time zone:

Code:
    {xen:if $fields.timezoneAuto, 'AutoTimeZone'}

DeltaHF and Moshe1010 like this.
  3. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

How is this done?

4. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

Adam Howard likes this.