1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time for a demo - running Q&A

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Kev@ITK, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Kev@ITK

Kev@ITK Member

Hi guys

Firstly, a HUGE thank you to all that have helped so far over on my first thread http://xenforo.com/community/threads/an-honest-opinion-please.36545/

When the demo is back up and running I plan on having a good play around with it to see where it takes me. For anyone who didn't read the only thread, i'm a complete newbie...i'd don't even know what HTML or CCS stand for let alone what they mean!

So, while i'm waiting for it to become available again (soon I hope!): what can/cant I do with it?

Ta...

Kev

2. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

If youre talking styling, the style system lets you change the colours, etc without any knowledge of CSS.

3. Kev@ITK

Kev@ITK Member

Ok yeah, that's a start. I'd ask you to point me in the right direction but given it's down at the mo that's pretty pointless.

Now this will seem like a very stupid question i'm sure but I presume there's no way of me trialing any of the addons?

4. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

Not as far as I'm aware. A lot of them have "demos" in the sense that they're installed on their developers site but not that give you control to make changes or access the ACP.

5. BenForum

BenForum Active Member

HTML and CSS..
    and when it come to xenforo styling is super easy you don't need to be html,css or php expert ..check this thread to know more how you can customize xenforo with available tools and inbuilt styling interface..

Kev@ITK likes this.
  6. Kev@ITK

Kev@ITK Member

Thanks! I must admit, this forum is by far the most helpful and of the five i'm posting on it's the most enjoyable to use (although the admin team really should use the third party 'like' addon - it's a great feature!)

I'll check those links out shortly...

Ok, so when the demo's back on I can play around with the style, create threads, add posts/pics etc. Anything else?

7. BenForum

BenForum Active Member

yup, you can do that ;)

Rob Fritz likes this.