1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time+criteria based Email and/or Conversation sending.

Discussion in 'XenForo Suggestions' started by Slavik, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I spotted this in the aMember software, seems like a great idea.

Time and criteria based automated sending of emails and/or conversations to members.

For example

immediately after registering they get an email saying introduce yourself
    3 days after registering, an email encouraging them to try a particular sub forum
    5 days after registering, an email suggesting they sign up for premium membership

The flexibility and potential to encourage user engagement is great for any forum!
    Kintaro, Dakis, rafass and 6 others like this.
  2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Even at its most basic (new email/convo immediately after registration) it's clearly a popular feature as there have been quite a few add-ons that provide this functionality and they seem to be popular. It certainly seems like something that would be a popular feature.

As someone who runs a board that predominantly sells and supports a product, I can certainly see this being useful for me. For many others, people who want to make their boards more user friendly and inviting, it seems like it would be useful.

+1 from me!
    Adam Howard likes this.
  3. Cmely

Cmely Member

I would certainly be more than happy to have such a fonctionality in my own forum !!!

May I ask which are they ?
  4. Slavik

There isn't a publicly available one for XenForo at this moment in time.
  5. Cmely

Cmely Member

Even if there's a privately available one, I'm fine with it ;):LOL::LOL::LOL: !
  6. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

7. Slavik

8. Cmely

Cmely Member

It is. I'm really surprised this feature does not exist yet either as a built-in tool or as a plugin.
  9. Kintaro

Kintaro Well-Known Member

Great suggestion Slavik, this could boost participation a lot!
  10. Sim

Sim Well-Known Member