XF 2.0 Time and Date settings messed up. Any fixes?

bashea11

Hello, it seems like my XF timezone is way off. I've contacted my host and they said my server is in AZ and the time and date settings are set accordingly.
Any possible ways to adjust this besides the Basic Board info?
I'm in CDT and it's registering me under UTC as seen below.
1538271788222.webp

they said my server is in AZ and the time and date settings are set accordingly

Verify what your host has said as a first step. Not saying they are wrong but its worth the minute to check yourself first.

View phpinfo to see what it is set at for real. This is what mine looks like:

timezone_phpinfo.webp

That is correct for the location, well it is an hour out (given that it is now Autumn/Fall here) but it is 'near enough' , if that makes sense...

Assume you are asking AZ = Arizona and not somewhere in Australia yes ? In any case either would be different to the above afaik...

Verify what your host has said as a first step. Not saying they are wrong but its worth the minute to check yourself first.

View phpinfo to see what it is set at for real. This is what mine looks like:

View attachment 184510

That is correct for the location, well it is an hour out (given that it is now Autumn/Fall here) but it is 'near enough' , if that makes sense...

Assume you are asking AZ = Arizona and not somewhere in Australia yes ? In any case either would be different to the above afaik...
Yeah I verified it with them and they claimed I was in Arizona USA. I went through and even added .htaccess lines for the date. Where would I find my phpinfo?

Where would I find my phpinfo?
You should have a link to it in your Cpanel or Web Control Panel if its not Cpanel.

If not, copy and paste the following tiny piece of code into a text file:
Code:
<?php

phpinfo();

?>

Save the text file.

Rename it to anything you like but change the file extension to .php (lose the .txt part) , if it means anything I tend to call them "info.php" as its easy to remember and type in. :D

Upload it to your server inside public_html / www directory or anywhere inside that, then visit it in your browser, use your browsers 'find' to find the time information as per my screenshot. If its wrong contact your host.

Please remember to remove it when you have finished.

I replaced my time location to Chicago (My local time) and I'm trying to get my site on the same time
I may of misunderstood. You might have to ask your host as the Master Value is still UTC. I'm not too clued up on servers though. It may need php restarting to change that. I would say first step now is to just show your host the screenshot above or this thread to see what they say, given you have changed it.

You know, oddly enough I think it updated over night. After checking my settings I went on the site and the times were wrong from when I last set them, after inspecting if the timezones are displaying correctly I adjusted the time to the proper amount and it's working.
I appreciate your help. I guess it just took time to update on my hosts side.

1538327358450.webp

You know, oddly enough I think it updated over night. After checking my settings I went on the site and the times were wrong from when I last set them, after inspecting if the timezones are displaying correctly I adjusted the time to the proper amount and it's working.
Not quite sure why it would update overnight, however its working which is the main important part. :)

I appreciate your help. I guess it just took time to update on my hosts side.
You are very welcome. No problem at all. Thanks for posting back to say its working too which is appreciated knowing that "it is fixed" (y)

I may of misunderstood. You might have to ask your host as the Master Value is still UTC. I'm not too clued up on servers though. It may need php restarting to change that. I would say first step now is to just show your host the screenshot above or this thread to see what they say, given you have changed it.
On shared hosting odds are the Master Value will remain at UTC since that is the standard. It looks like his local setting is for Central Time in the US.

Top Bottom