[#] Thumbnails [Deleted]

Hi, great addon :)
Is it possible for the thumbnails for externally hosted images to be created at the size specified in the admin, but to be cropped centrally such that they retain the ratio of the original?
thanks,
James

If I have this selected it effects all forums - even once not selected for the thumbnail feature. This is an important setting for us. Is this a bug or am I overlooking something?

upload_2015-3-17_18-14-21.webp

Hello and thank you for this great Add-on.

When I try to install this add-on , it gives me this error :
=======
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in /home/user/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 294
=======
I am using the latest version of Xenforo.

would you please help me to sort this problem out ?

Thank you

any chance you will have this addon pull the thumbnail from an embedded youtube video?

the youtube videos all have their own thumbnail, so if we can pull it from there, that would be pretty awesome.

How can i install this addon? i get a message saying:
The files associated with this supplement was not found. Please upload them and try again.

Edit:
Nevermind got it working!

Last edited:
Hey, great work - it's really a must have add on!
Can someone please tell me how I can style the bright blue border around the thumb? Couln't find it in the style properties... :unsure:

How does this work? I have images or thumbnails in the post but can't see how to select which one to use for the index

upload_2015-5-28_16-20-5.webp

@Waindigo - could you explain how the select thumbnail function works please? I get a message 'There are no images in the message' as per screenshot above. There are images in the post.

Hi @Jon W

i installed this thumbnails by waindigo in xf 1.4.7
im just wondering why when i set the thumbnail size to bigger let say 100 x 100
when displayed it will not adjust the thread title ?

see pics

thanks

xf1.webp

xf2.webp

Hi @Jon W

i installed this thumbnails by waindigo in xf 1.4.7
im just wondering why when i set the thumbnail size to bigger let say 100 x 100
when displayed it will not adjust the thread title ?

see pics

thanks

View attachment 108355

View attachment 108354
The title is adjusted based on the default option setting, which should be larger than the values for all other forums. I appreciate this is not ideal, but it would be quite difficult to change this to do anything else because thumbnails appear in all sorts of other locations where threads from multiple forums can be shown at once.

The title is adjusted based on the default option setting, which should be larger than the values for all other forums. I appreciate this is not ideal, but it would be quite difficult to change this to do anything else because thumbnails appear in all sorts of other locations where threads from multiple forums can be shown at once.

thanks jon,

if i want to adjust the title going a little more to the right, can you point me the right file and search keycode?
i want to use the template modification builtin of xf

thanks

thanks jon,

if i want to adjust the title going a little more to the right, can you point me the right file and search keycode?
i want to use the template modification builtin of xf

thanks
I don't think there is an easy way (otherwise I'd do it myself). You should change the default option to be at least equal to the largest width.

thanks jon,

got it fixed, i forgot it should be set in OPTIONS and not in the node tree permissions :D

thanks

hi jon

is this a bug?

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Data too long for column 'thumbnail_url' at row 1 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214

Code:
Error Info
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Data too long for column 'thumbnail_url' at row 1 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
Generated By: andrew, 14 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/gnsl/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /home/gnsl/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /home/gnsl/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(574): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `xf...', Array)
#3 /home/gnsl/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1624): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert('xf_thread', Array)
#4 /home/gnsl/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1613): XenForo_DataWriter->_insert()
#5 /home/gnsl/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1405): XenForo_DataWriter->_save()
#6 /home/gnsl/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(748): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#7 /home/gnsl/public_html/library/Waindigo/Thumbnails/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(129): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionAddThread()
#8 /home/gnsl/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): Waindigo_Thumbnails_Extend_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionAddThread()
#9 /home/gnsl/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#10 /home/gnsl/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#11 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(67) "http://www.xxxxx.com/forums/computers.19/add-thread"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(14) {
    ["title"] => string(32) "for sale samsung laptop"
    ["message"] => string(32) "almost new pls contact "
    ["_xfRelativeResolver"] => string(70) "http://www.xxxxx.com/forums/computers.19/create-thread"
    ["attachment_hash"] => string(32) "067dd20295d8fca29796zdd44ecd92d1"
    ["watch_thread"] => string(1) "1"
    ["watch_thread_email"] => string(1) "1"
    ["watch_thread_state"] => string(1) "1"
    ["thumbnail_url_shown"] => string(1) "1"
    ["thumbnail_url"] => string(323) "http://m.aliexpress.com/item/671804693.html?productId=671804693&productId=671804693&productSubject=SAMSUNG-NP530U4C-A01CN-14-inch-Ultrabook-Intel-i5-2537M-RAM-4G-Hard-Disk-500GB-SSD-24G&productSubject=SAMSUNG-NP530U4C-A01CN-14-inch-Ultrabook-Intel-i5-2537M-RAM-4G-Hard-Disk-500GB-SSD-24G&tracelog=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail"
    ["poll"] => array(5) {
      ["question"] => string(0) ""
      ["responses"] => array(2) {
        [0] => string(0) ""
        [1] => string(0) ""
      }
      ["max_votes_type"] => string(6) "single"
      ["change_vote"] => string(1) "1"
      ["view_results_unvoted"] => string(1) "1"
    }
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(45) "/forums/computers.19/create-thread"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

@Jon W

Hi Jon - how does this work please? Nothing happens when I click the button. Is it possible to get rid of the URL text box. We would only want thumbs from attached images

upload_2015-5-28_16-20-5-png.107274

Getting this error on 1.5 when trying to rebuild thread information in tools:

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Argument 1 passed to Waindigo_Thumbnails_Model_Thumbnails::canShowThumbs() must be of the type array, boolean given, called in /path/to/library/Waindigo/Thumbnails/Extend/XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php on line 71 and defined - library/Waindigo/Thumbnails/Model/Thumbnails.php:1140
Generated By: admin, Yesterday at 8:28 PM
Stack Trace

#0 /path/to/library/Waindigo/Thumbnails/Model/Thumbnails.php(1140): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(4096, 'Argument 1 pass...', '/path/to...', 1140, Array)
#1 /path/to/library/Waindigo/Thumbnails/Extend/XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php(71): Waindigo_Thumbnails_Model_Thumbnails->canShowThumbs(false)
#2 /path/to/library/Waindigo/Thumbnails/Extend/XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php(60): Waindigo_Thumbnails_Extend_XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread->_requireThumbnail()
#3 /path/to/library/XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php(317): Waindigo_Thumbnails_Extend_XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread->_discussionPreSave()
#4 /path/to/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1446): XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion->_preSave()
#5 /path/to/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1385): XenForo_DataWriter->preSave()
#6 /path/to/library/XenForo/Deferred/Thread.php(46): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#7 /path/to/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(295): XenForo_Deferred_Thread->execute(Array, Array, 7.99999904633, '')
#8 /path/to/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(429): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.99999904633, '', false)
#9 /path/to/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(374): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#10 /path/to/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tools.php(159): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(true, NULL, '', false)
#11 /path/to/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionRunDeferred()
#12 /path/to/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#13 /path/to/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#14 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(59) "http://path/to/admin.php?tools/run-deferred"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
  ["tools/run-deferred"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(3) {
  ["redirect"] => string(64) "http://path/to/admin.php?tools/rebuild&success=1"
  ["execute"] => string(1) "1"
  }
}

And again when attempting to turn it off/on via add ons menu:

Code:
ErrorException: Argument 1 passed to Waindigo_Thumbnails_Model_Thumbnails::canShowThumbs() must be of the type array, boolean given, called in /path/to/library/Waindigo/Thumbnails/Extend/XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php on line 71 and defined - library/Waindigo/Thumbnails/Model/Thumbnails.php:1140
Stack Trace

#0 /path/to/library/Waindigo/Thumbnails/Model/Thumbnails.php(1140): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(4096, 'Argument 1 pass...', '/path/to...', 1140, Array)
#1 /path/to/library/Waindigo/Thumbnails/Extend/XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php(71): Waindigo_Thumbnails_Model_Thumbnails->canShowThumbs(false)
#2 /path/to/library/Waindigo/Thumbnails/Extend/XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php(60): Waindigo_Thumbnails_Extend_XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread->_requireThumbnail()
#3 /path/to/library/XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php(317): Waindigo_Thumbnails_Extend_XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread->_discussionPreSave()
#4 /path/to/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1446): XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion->_preSave()
#7 /path/to/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(295): XenForo_Deferred_Thread->execute(Array, Array, 7.84015583992, '')
#8 /path/to/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(429): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.84015583992, '', false)
#9 /path/to/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(374): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, 7.84015798569, '', false)
#10 /path/to/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(352): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(true, 7.84015798569)
#11 /path/to/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Json.php(147): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract::hasManualDeferredToRun()
#12 /path/to/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Json.php(185): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json::_addDefaultParams(Array)
#13 /path/to/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Json.php(37): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json::jsonEncodeForOutput(Array)
#14 /path/to/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(612): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json->renderRedirect(4, 'http://path/to...', NULL, Array)
#15 /path/to/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_Redirect), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json), Array)
#16 /path/to/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#17 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(55) "http://path/to/admin.php?add-ons/toggle"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
  ["add-ons/toggle"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(7) {
  ["filter"] => string(0) ""
  ["exists"] => array(5) {
  ["SolidMean_AmazonParser"] => string(1) "1"
  ["CTA_ExtraColours"] => string(1) "1"
  ["Waindigo_SocialGroups"] => string(1) "1"
  ["Waindigo_Thumbnails"] => string(1) "1"
  ["Waindigo_VbToSocGrp"] => string(1) "1"
  }
  ["id"] => array(4) {
  }
  ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(27) "/path/to/admin.php?add-ons/"
  }
}

It did eventually turn off, and once off, I could rebuild thread info.

I then turned it back on, and it works fine (on private test board, for now). Would rather not go through this whenever I need to rebuild caches, concerned it could pop up in other places once in live environment.

hi jon

is this a bug?

Code:
Error Info
Generated By: andrew, 14 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/gnsl/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /home/gnsl/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /home/gnsl/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(574): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `xf...', Array)
#3 /home/gnsl/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1624): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert('xf_thread', Array)
#4 /home/gnsl/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1613): XenForo_DataWriter->_insert()
#5 /home/gnsl/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1405): XenForo_DataWriter->_save()
#6 /home/gnsl/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(748): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#7 /home/gnsl/public_html/library/Waindigo/Thumbnails/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(129): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionAddThread()
#8 /home/gnsl/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): Waindigo_Thumbnails_Extend_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionAddThread()
#9 /home/gnsl/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#10 /home/gnsl/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#11 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(67) "http://www.xxxxx.com/forums/computers.19/add-thread"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(14) {
    ["title"] => string(32) "for sale samsung laptop"
    ["message"] => string(32) "almost new pls contact "
    ["_xfRelativeResolver"] => string(70) "http://www.xxxxx.com/forums/computers.19/create-thread"
    ["attachment_hash"] => string(32) "067dd20295d8fca29796zdd44ecd92d1"
    ["watch_thread"] => string(1) "1"
    ["watch_thread_email"] => string(1) "1"
    ["watch_thread_state"] => string(1) "1"
    ["thumbnail_url_shown"] => string(1) "1"
    ["thumbnail_url"] => string(323) "http://m.aliexpress.com/item/671804693.html?productId=671804693&productId=671804693&productSubject=SAMSUNG-NP530U4C-A01CN-14-inch-Ultrabook-Intel-i5-2537M-RAM-4G-Hard-Disk-500GB-SSD-24G&productSubject=SAMSUNG-NP530U4C-A01CN-14-inch-Ultrabook-Intel-i5-2537M-RAM-4G-Hard-Disk-500GB-SSD-24G&tracelog=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail"
    ["poll"] => array(5) {
      ["question"] => string(0) ""
      ["responses"] => array(2) {
        [0] => string(0) ""
        [1] => string(0) ""
      }
      ["max_votes_type"] => string(6) "single"
      ["change_vote"] => string(1) "1"
      ["view_results_unvoted"] => string(1) "1"
    }
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(45) "/forums/computers.19/create-thread"
  }
}

It looks like this is caused by using a really long thumbnail URL (in your case, 323 characters long) when the field will only allow 255 characters.
Getting this error on 1.5 when trying to rebuild thread information in tools:

Code:
Error Info
Stack Trace

#7 /path/to/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(295): XenForo_Deferred_Thread->execute(Array, Array, 7.99999904633, '')
#8 /path/to/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(429): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.99999904633, '', false)
#9 /path/to/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(374): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#10 /path/to/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tools.php(159): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(true, NULL, '', false)
#11 /path/to/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionRunDeferred()
#12 /path/to/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#13 /path/to/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#14 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(59) "http://path/to/admin.php?tools/run-deferred"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
  ["tools/run-deferred"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(3) {
  ["redirect"] => string(64) "http://path/to/admin.php?tools/rebuild&success=1"
  ["execute"] => string(1) "1"
  }
}

And again when attempting to turn it off/on via add ons menu:

Code:
Stack Trace

#7 /path/to/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(295): XenForo_Deferred_Thread->execute(Array, Array, 7.84015583992, '')
#8 /path/to/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(429): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.84015583992, '', false)
#9 /path/to/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(374): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, 7.84015798569, '', false)
#10 /path/to/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(352): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(true, 7.84015798569)
#11 /path/to/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Json.php(147): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract::hasManualDeferredToRun()
#12 /path/to/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Json.php(185): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json::_addDefaultParams(Array)
#13 /path/to/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Json.php(37): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json::jsonEncodeForOutput(Array)
#14 /path/to/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(612): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json->renderRedirect(4, 'http://path/to...', NULL, Array)
#15 /path/to/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_Redirect), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json), Array)
#16 /path/to/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#17 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(55) "http://path/to/admin.php?add-ons/toggle"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
  ["add-ons/toggle"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(7) {
  ["filter"] => string(0) ""
  ["exists"] => array(5) {
  ["Waindigo_Thumbnails"] => string(1) "1"
  }
  ["id"] => array(4) {
  }
  ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(27) "/path/to/admin.php?add-ons/"
  }
}

It did eventually turn off, and once off, I could rebuild thread info.

I then turned it back on, and it works fine (on private test board, for now). Would rather not go through this whenever I need to rebuild caches, concerned it could pop up in other places once in live environment.

We will look into this issue.

Jake

Top Bottom