[#] Thumbnails [Deleted]

I've found within forums with this enabled it's not possible to move posts out of a thread. The forum has to have thumbnails switched off, the post moved & then thumbnails re-enabled again or the thead moved temporarily to a non thumbnail forum for the edit to be made & then moved back.

Hello,

I now have no extra install addon installed so I can only use xenforo core functionality for install and updates. I try to install this new update here, and:
upload_2015-9-24_15-28-33.webp

What can I do, to save my settings from older Thumbnails addon to the new one?

Hello,

I now have no extra install addon installed so I can only use xenforo core functionality for install and updates. I try to install this new update here, and:
View attachment 117669

What can I do, to save my settings from older Thumbnails addon to the new one?
Do we really have to have this add on to update this? https://xenforo.com/community/resources/install-and-upgrade.2035/

Really annoying if so.

The add-on is required as the add-on ID changed. You just have to have it installed to do the update, then you can uninstall it. If you really don't want to install the Install & Upgrade add-on you will have to uninstall the old version and then install the new version, but you will lose all of your thread thumbnails.

How do I update?
You must have [#] Install and Upgrade installed to update from previous versions of this add-on. If you have that installed you will be able to update just as you would any other add-on. If you do not want to install Install and Upgrade, you will have to uninstall the previous version of this add-on before installing the new one.
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/thumbnails.223/update?update=16842

Thanks for clearify. :)

Plan you the same procedre with other ex-Waindigo addons? So I should let installed the install & upgrade addon a time?

So first I updated "Upgrade and Install" to the new # version... Then, I went to upgrade this. When I do so through upgrade and Install by #, I get this error:

Request Timeout
This request takes too long to process, it is timed out by the server. If it should not be timed out, please contact administrator of this web site to increase 'Connection Timeout'.

And the add-on is now broken on the site... Help!!!

Now, I'm getting this error:

Server Error
Mysqli statement execute error : Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 116
  4. XenForo_Model_Deferred->defer() in XenForo/Application.php at line 1458
  5. XenForo_Application::defer() in Hex/InstallUpgrade/Extend/XenForo/DataWriter/AddOn.php at line 94
  6. Hex_InstallUpgrade_Extend_XenForo_DataWriter_AddOn->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1409
  7. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in Hex/InstallUpgrade/Extend/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 319
  8. Hex_InstallUpgrade_Extend_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionSaveUrl() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/jalopyjo/public_html/forum/admin.php at line 13

So first I updated "Upgrade and Install" to the new # version... Then, I went to upgrade this. When I do so through upgrade and Install by #, I get this error:

Request Timeout
This request takes too long to process, it is timed out by the server. If it should not be timed out, please contact administrator of this web site to increase 'Connection Timeout'.

And the add-on is now broken on the site... Help!!!

Could you send me a message with admin details?

Hello,

I'm using this add-on and the thumbnails show correctly in the forum list and widget framework. However, the search result (Tag search) always show author avatar.
Could anyone help me on this?

Capture.webp

Thanks!

Reactions: TJK
I'm getting this error after upgrading this add-on via the hex install/upgrade:-
Server Error
Undefined index: _type

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Hex/Thumbnails/Model/Thumbnails.php at line 1149
  2. Hex_Thumbnails_Model_Thumbnails->canShowThumbs() in Hex/Thumbnails/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 66
  3. Hex_Thumbnails_Extend_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->_getThumbnailsResponse() in Hex/Thumbnails/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 45
  4. Hex_Thumbnails_Extend_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum() in Waindigo/CustomFields/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 29
  5. Waindigo_CustomFields_Extend_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum() in EWRporta/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 23
  6. EWRporta_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum() in ModEss/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 22
  7. ModEss_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  8. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  9. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/sites/studentmidwife.net/httpdocs/index.php at line 13
.... I've disabled the add on for now.

I'm stuck at v 2.1.2 and can't upgrade. I get this:
Code:
ErrorException: Array to string conversion - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:208
Generated By: squirrly, 6 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Array to string...', '/home/thebaby/p...', 208, Array)
#1 /home/thebaby/public_html/forum/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php(208): mysqli_stmt->execute()
#2 /home/thebaby/public_html/forum/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#3 /home/thebaby/public_html/forum/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#4 /home/thebaby/public_html/forum/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(632): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('UPDATE `xf_opti...', Array)
#5 /home/thebaby/public_html/forum/library/Hex/InstallUpgrade/Extend/XenForo/Model/AddOn.php(96): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->update('xf_option', Array, 'option_id='hex_...')
#6 /home/thebaby/public_html/forum/library/Waindigo/CustomFields/Extend/XenForo/Model/AddOn.php(114): Hex_InstallUpgrade_Extend_XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml(Object(SimpleXMLElement), 'Waindigo_Thumbn...')
#7 /home/thebaby/public_html/forum/library/XenCentral/Framework/Model/AddOn.php(25): Waindigo_CustomFields_Extend_XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml(Object(SimpleXMLElement), 'Waindigo_Thumbn...')
#8 /home/thebaby/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Model/AddOn.php(169): XenCentral_Framework_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml(Object(SimpleXMLElement), 'Waindigo_Thumbn...')
#9 /home/thebaby/public_html/forum/library/Hex/InstallUpgrade/Extend/XenForo/Model/AddOn.php(65): XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile('install/data/ad...', 'Waindigo_Thumbn...')
#10 /home/thebaby/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php(236): Hex_InstallUpgrade_Extend_XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile('/home/thebaby/p...', 'Waindigo_Thumbn...')
#11 /home/thebaby/public_html/forum/library/Hex/InstallUpgrade/Extend/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php(191): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionUpgrade()
#12 /home/thebaby/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): Hex_InstallUpgrade_Extend_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionUpgrade()
#13 /home/thebaby/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#14 /home/thebaby/public_html/forum/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#15 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(76) "http://thebabywearer.com/forum/admin.php?add-ons/Waindigo_Thumbnails/upgrade"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["add-ons/Waindigo_Thumbnails/upgrade"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(3) {
    ["server_file"] => string(55) "https://xenforo.com/community/resources/thumbnails.223/"
    ["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}

The add-on is required as the add-on ID changed. You just have to have it installed to do the update, then you can uninstall it. If you really don't want to install the Install & Upgrade add-on you will have to uninstall the old version and then install the new version, but you will lose all of your thread thumbnails.

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/thumbnails.223/update?update=16842
Will this also work with the similar add on chris deeming made for installing add ons?

Will this also work with the similar add on chris deeming made for installing add ons?

They probably do not work well together. If you want to continue using Chris' add-on it would be a good idea to disable his before installing ours and upgrading then uninstall ours and re-enable his :)

Jake

They probably do not work well together. If you want to continue using Chris' add-on it would be a good idea to disable his before installing ours and upgrading then uninstall ours and re-enable his :)

Jake
K I did this and it seems to work, but when i try to upgrade this add on my browser goes blank with this error:
No data received

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

Thanx for all the awesome plugins guys!
I am running XF 1.4.5, I have this and Last Post Avatar by Waindigo installed, but I cannot for the life of me figure out to get a thumbnail instead of a avatar in the last post area.
Any help is much appreciated!

Last edited:
I'm getting dublicate thumbnails when i enable them in the forum index view. one is correct but the other one should have a different icon. duplicate thumbs.webp @Jake B.

Top Bottom