MG 2.2 Thumbnails background dotted with small black spots

Nicolas FR

Hello,

I noticed some small anomalies on the album page of the gallery. The thumbnail of the albums, created with the photos contained in them, has a background dotted with small black spots. I don't know if this is from my PC or if it's actually on the thumbnails, I don't see them here on XF.

Can someone check my site?

Capture web_20-10-2021_115155_regionalis.fr.webp

Thanks !

This is a known issue with the GD library which they are aware of and are going to fix or have fixed it.

Switching to Imagick will workaround the issue or if possible upgrading/downgrading PHP may introduce a different GD library version though there may be ways to recompile PHP to use a different GD version.

More details here:

This is a known issue with the GD library which they are aware of and are going to fix or have fixed it.
I looked for similar discussions but I had not imagined using artifact as a keyword.
I use PHP 8.0.1, I have no possibility to downgrade.

This was just fixed for GD 2.3.3 (released 09/12/2021)
So i have to wait my host update it, i'm on shared server.
Capture web_20-10-2021_151029_3725721.admin.sd5.gpaas.net.jpeg

Thanks both.

I just noticed that Imagick seems to be activated on my server, can you confirm?
Capture web_20-10-2021_151429_3725721.admin.sd5.gpaas.net.webp

If I change the image processor in the ACP, do I have to perform other operations? Rebuild the miniatures for example?

That would look to be available, yes.

You can rebuild thumbnails once you've switched the image processor and that should fix any thumbnails with the artefacts.

Top Bottom