1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thumbnail size

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Thom Tyler, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Thom Tyler

Thom Tyler Active Member

Is it possible to change the thumbnail size in the templates somewhere? Currently, in the Xenforo UI, you can only change the thumbnail size so it is square i.e 100x100, 200x200 etc.

I've modded mine so it displays 589x200 images, but to allow that I have to have it at589x589, which means unless someone uploads an exactly sized image, it will be massive on my Xenporta.

Anyway to overcome this?
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Which thumbnail size are you referring to?

Attachment thumbnails are configurable in the ACP -> Options -> Attachments: Attachment Thumbnail Dimensions

If it's something specific to Xenporta then you need to ask in the add-on thread.
  3. Thom Tyler

Thom Tyler Active Member

No, its not brogan. Xenporta takes the size directly from Xenforo.

As I say, I know you can change it in options, but it only allows for syncronised sizes..... 100x100, 200x200 where as I want mine 589x200. So I have to put them to 589x589. So I'm manually having to create the right size, 589x200 in photoshop, else if I upload an image, it wont resize it to 589x200, and instead will allow 589x589.

Hope this makes more sense.

check out my site, http://www.psvaddicts.com and you'll see what I mean.
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The default resizing algorithm doesn't work like that, the ratios are retained.

You can test that by uploading an image here, like so.

The maximum thumbnail dimension is applied to the width or height.
  5. nguyenhuuhung

nguyenhuuhung Active Member

I don't want to edit at ACP-Option-Attachement.
    I want edit PHP file.Can you guide for me?
    i want Thumbnails Attachement have max-height: 400px and
    Max-Width: 200px

Thanks you!
  6. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Editing the option is preferable, will survive upgrades, and is essentially the same as editing the files.
  7. nguyenhuuhung

nguyenhuuhung Active Member

Yes,I know,but i have other reasons and i really want to edit File.
    Please,Guide for me.:)
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2014