XF 1.5 Threads showing no replies after page 4500 and up

hello. i think i have a bug, I disabled all my add-ons and i am still having this problem, so i think it's a xenforo problem

i have some threads with almost 50,000 replies, 10 replies on each page,

near/around page 4500, there is no posts showing up, the posts are missing, i can click on next page, but it is blank,

all of the threads are having the same problem, that have that many pages, it's not just 1 thread,

i checked threads with 40,000 replies and they are fine, i think its when it gets past 45,000 replies which equals 4,500 pages, that it shows up blank

here is a screenshot:

Capture.webp

Last edited:
If you rebuild thread information and choose to update post position counters, does that either change the reply count or change what happens with this issue?

i tried to rebuild thread information and chose update post position counters, but

it starts to work: Rebuilding... Threads (250) it takes several hours but

when it gets up to around: Rebuilding... Threads (90,000) it won't let me get any further,

Capture2.webp

i keep getting error 524, i tried several times but i keep getting the same errors,

Capture.webp

when i go back in the admin panel i see this:

Capture.webp

but when i click on it, it starts processing but again i will get the 524 screen, so i am unable to complete the rebuild

i still got a long way as ive got around 300,000 threads, but it won't work past 90,000,

I also noticed this in my server errors:

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
Generated By: joe, Today at 7:37 PM

Stack Trace

#0 /home/carforum/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /home/carforum/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /home/carforum/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(574): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `xf...', Array)
#3 /home/carforum/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Thread.php(2078): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert('xf_thread_user_...', Array)
#4 /home/carforum/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php(74): XenForo_Model_Thread->replaceThreadUserPostCounters(89399, Array)
#5 /home/carforum/public_html/library/XenForo/Deferred/Thread.php(40): XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread->rebuildDiscussion()
#6 /home/carforum/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(295): XenForo_Deferred_Thread->execute(Array, Array, 7.99999809265, '')
#7 /home/carforum/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(429): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.99999809265, '', false)
#8 /home/carforum/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(374): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#9 /home/carforum/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tools.php(159): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(true, NULL, '', false)
#10 /home/carforum/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionRunDeferred()
#11 /home/carforum/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#12 /home/carforum/public_html/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#13 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
["url"] => string(49) "http://carforum2016.com/admin.php?tools/run-deferred"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["tools/run-deferred"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(3) {
["redirect"] => string(54) "http://carforum2016.com/admin.php?tools/rebuild&success=1"
["execute"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
}
}

Last edited:
The deadlock is likely a false positive of some sort, possibly by this running multiple times simultaneously.

To take CloudFlare limits out of this, can you connect to the site without CloudFlare and try to continue the rebuild like that? Ideally, increasing any timeouts (such as web server/PHP-FPM timeouts) temporarily would help.

Doing the position counter rebuilds does make the thread rebuild process significantly more intensive as it requires a lot of data changes, particularly in large threads. You may be able to try rebuilding the threads without that option enabled; this would only resolve the issue if the thread reply count is wrong though.

If either/both of those options don't help, please submit a ticket from your customer area. I'll need a URL to the thread in question and potentially database and FTP (or similar) access, if possible.

it finished!!

Capture2.webp

took many tries, slowly, but it finished,

i had to go back into the admin panel and click continue, continue, continue

i will try your idea next time i have to rebuild.

one thing i will also try is disabling all of the add-ons when i press rebuild,. i forgot to disable all of the add-ons when i pressed rebuild.

but since it finished, i checked the thread and i can see the posts now! it worked!! yay!! :cool:

i got some errors near the end. maybe it's an add-on , or cloudflare as you said,.
An exception occurred: The existing data required by the data writer could not be found. in /home/carforum/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php on line 1359
1.XenForo_DataWriter->_haveErrorsPreventSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1401
2.XenForo_DataWriter->save() in phc/LinkDirectory/Extend/XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php at line 34
3.phc_LinkDirectory_Extend_XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread->_discussionPostSave() in XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php at line 467
4.XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1423
7.XenForo_Deferred_Thread->execute() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 295
8.XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 429
9.XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 374
10.XenForo_Model_Deferred->run() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 352
11.XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract::hasManualDeferredToRun() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php at line 131
12.XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderContainer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 639
13.XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
14.XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/carfoum/public_html/admin.php at line 13

show.webp

thank you sir

Last edited:
Top Bottom