Threads, Post And Conversations Per Page Preferences [Paid] [Deleted]

truonglv

Nobita.Kun submitted a new resource:

Threads, Post And Conversations Per Page Preferences - Allow members can customize how much display threads, posts and conversations per page

Description: Allow users can set how much threads, posts and conversations per page ;). This is useful for members if someone wanna have display more and more threads or posts,...

How to install:
- Upload all file to hosts
- Then Import and config :D

To understand this Addon please see some screenshots.

Read more about this resource...

I have to commend you for a seriously good mod, however I do see some problems here.

Imagine if I were to post a link to page 6 of a thread ..... my settings could be different to other users who have set up different numbers of posts per page.

The link I post up then becomes pretty erratic and unpredictable in every case. When I link to something, I expect users to see what I'm linking to and not a crazy alternative view based upon view preferences.

Same can be said for forum pages, conversations and other list based pages. Just mentioning this in case you have not thought of it.

I think this is the core reason why all forum software has admin set defaults. Without all users using the same default sort orders and 'per page' settings then linking becomes a pretty drastic hit or miss affair.

This is the only downside I see with this mod. If you can find a way to overcome this then perfect, but otherwise I think these downfalls should be pointed out in your first post.

Last edited:
I have to commend you for a seriously good mod, however I do see some problems here.

Imagine if I were to link to page 6 of a thread..... my settings are different to other users who set up different numbers per page.
The link becomes pretty erratic and unpredictable in that case.

Same can be said for forum pages, conversations and other list based pages. Just mentioning this in case you have not thought of it.

I think this is the core reason why all forum software has admin set defaults.
Thank you for responding @Rod, this addon allow users can customize display how much threads, posts and conversations per page, this will help user can easy following something, its dont change any core and I dont think its difficult such as you said. Thank you

I've clearly done a very bad job in explaining this. Does nobody see this as a major issue?

If people want to change the posts per page setting on a per user basis, that is entirely up to them.

The value is a global option in the core software for good reasons.

I've clearly done a very bad job in explaining this. Does nobody see this as a major issue?
Do you use vBulletin? Have you ever been on a forum where you can change the messages per page in your preferences? What's the difference between that function there and that function with this modification for Xenforo (other than the messages count per page also being optional)?

Top Bottom