1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Threads auto locked!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by faeronsayn, Jan 7, 2012.

1. faeronsayn

faeronsayn Well-Known Member

I have no idea how it happened, but threads on the first page of several of my forums have been locked. I looked at some my moderator logs and there isn't any suspicious activity there, so now I am wondering how this could have really happened.

Here are two screenshots of different forums.

autolocked1.PNG autolocked2.PNG

If anyone encountered this issue before, or has any opinions on how to trouble shoot this problem so it doesn't happen again please do.

2. faeronsayn

Just realizing now, that it has actually happened in every one of my forums that are publicly accessible.

3. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Check the log:

Admin CP -> Tools -> Moderator Log

4. faeronsayn

Done that, as I stated it in my first post.

Couldn't find any suspicious activity.

5. Jake Bunce

If not a moderator then maybe it was caused by an addon. What addons do you have installed?

6. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

It's almost as if a moderator/admin has done "select all" then "close".

faeronsayn likes this.
  7. faeronsayn

Several Addons, but I am doubting it could be an addon, maybe a possible breech in security?

8. Jake Bunce

Well, the more direct question is, do you have any addons that feature thread locking of any kind?

A security breech is possible. But locking all of your threads doesn't fit the profile. Usually a hacker will:

1) Deface your site with their own splash page.

2) Delete your forum information.

If you suspect your server was compromised then you need to consult with your host or server person.