XF 2.1 Threads are pending approval but still visible to all

GPA-R

Hello,

I get this weird issue and I am not sure if it's a configuration issue or a bug. Most probably a config error as it would have been reported by many others if it was the latter.

Whenever a topic gets moderated by Akismet, users can still see it and reply to it even though it hasn't been approved yet.

Any ideas?

Thanks

If threads/posts that are unapproved but are visible to all, then it sounds like the View unapproved threads / posts permission (a Forum moderator permission) has been given to other user groups. It should be set to no in your Registered user group (which should be the primary group for everyone) and only set to Yes for moderators.

Yes I have. This specific user I've checked in both cases is only part of the Registered group and is set to "No". Maybe I'll try setting it to "never" to see if anything changes.

Yes I have. This specific user I've checked in both cases is only part of the Registered group and is set to "No". Maybe I'll try setting it to "never" to see if anything changes.
If you set it to Never then anyone else who you want to read unapproved posts/threads won't be able to. It should be set to No.

If you've checked both the Node permissions and Forum permissions with Analyze permissions and it comes out to No in both cases, then try disabling all add-ons to see if that resolves the issue. Also have you checked to see if guests can see these unapproved posts (and maybe post a link to one if they can).

Is it even possible to grant read unapproved threads/posts permission to a group? As far as I am aware that's a moderator only permission and cannot be set to a group.

Is it even possible to grant read unapproved threads/posts permission to a group? As far as I am aware that's a moderator only permission and cannot be set to a group.
Yes it is possible. It's a user group permission, "View unapproved threads / posts". Whilst it's groupd under the Forum moderator permissions it can be given to any user group.

Thanks for your reply.

I navigate to "Groups & Permissions" -> "User group permissions" -> Edit "Registered" group I cannot see such option (View unapproved threads / posts).

What am I missing?

Thanks for your reply.

I navigate to "Groups & Permissions" -> "User group permissions" -> Edit "Registered" group I cannot see such option (View unapproved threads / posts).

What am I missing?
It's in the Forum moderators section. You may need to click on that to expand it to show all of the permissions.

Hi again,

The problem still persists on the latest version. ( currently running 2.2.4 )

Posts flagged by Akismet and pending approval are still published.

Is this the expected behaviour..?

Top Bottom