1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not Planned Threaded View Mode

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by BamaStangGuy, Apr 11, 2013.

1. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Well-Known Member

I am unable to import one of my vBulletin 4 forums due to how heavily the community uses threaded view mode for threads. Would like to see this offered in xenForo in a future upgrade.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. BamaStangGuy

Thanks for that. Hopefully they change their mind or can come up with something similar. Hate to have to go to IP.Board or some other forum software for this site.
  4. zooki

zooki Active Member

Why not get some of your users to test out the linear view? Your current VB setup allow that?

It is much more worthwhile in the long term. I used to be with Vb, and Xenforo is miles better, my site is around 80% faster too
  5. BamaStangGuy

They chose threaded view because they prefer it over Linear view.
  6. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

What I've learned about users (including myself) is that they like anything that they are used to, no matter how bad it is. It's still your site, even if a majority of users want A that does not mean you should not do B. Just sayin'.
    zooki likes this.
  7. BamaStangGuy

I don't want to upset some of the most active people on the site that keep it going. This forum does 1,000+ posts a day and some of the ones that contribute the most to that use Threaded View mode and made it clear how much they enjoyed it over Linear. While it is my site it is also a community that people built because of how they enjoy using.

Don't want to upset that.