1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thread views info?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by 3c, Feb 19, 2012.

1. 3c

3c Active Member

Something I just thought about and now can't figure out where to see it...and I searched the forum but surprisingly didn't find it. (could be my googlefu not so strong this morning) :/

Isn't there a way for admins to see how many times a thread has been viewed, etc? I know the last board I was on you could even see who had viewed it, etc...

Is that an option on XFand if so, where is it??

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. 3c

3c Active Member

well, duh...LOL..

I guess I was just remembering so much how it was on that old vb board that I was still looking there, which was at the bottom of each thread...

the list of who had viewed might have been an addon, don't remember...would be a nice addon to have though as it was handy cause then you could tell if X had viewed a certain thread, etc...

4. Mark3121

Mark3121 Well-Known Member

If I go to a thread which has 20 pages and read though them, does that count as +20 views?

Do refreshes count as well?

5. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Actually, I've had this similar 'problem.' When I look at my posts, I wonder how many views that thread got, but it's not displayed right on the "Search Queries" page. By searching, viewing your recent posts/lifetime posts, and whatnot. This was a helpful tool in vB, and I'd like to see it again on xF.

6. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

Any chance of an addon for this? It would be extremely useful as admin to be able to collect members who know about a topic already and email them/ message them privately. Who has viewed has got to be listed in the database somewhere.

7. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member