XF 1.2 Thread views count is very high in certain threads

Moshe1010

Hi,

I would like to know if there is any method to check how a thread got X views?
I have threads on my board with close to 1M (yes, million) views in several days. This is pretty much impossible in such short amount of time.

This is the info that I have:
1. It happens inconsistently throughout the board (different nodes)
2. It's started since 1.2.2 (and continuous through 1.2.3)
3. No traffic spikes on Google Analytics
4. It happens mainly if the first post has YouTube video (not famous and sometimes not even listed on YouTube, but configured as unlisted so only the people on our forum can watch it).
5. There are no bots/spammers/DDos attacks (we have Lightspeed and never had any DDoS attacks. Any CPU load over 3 would notify me anyway, so this didn't happen).

Now, I'm trying to find a way to check this, but I have no idea where to start. It can be a bug in XF, or it can also be an add-on. It happened only 8 times since the upgrade to 1.2.2-3, so it's not something that common either (hundreds of new threads were opened since than).

Any ideas?
Thanks.

It is most likely a bot continually scraping the page.
So why would it suddenly start right now? My forum is up 5 years, and this is the first time it's happening.
I don't have any bots on my website except for Google, Bing, MSN, and Brandwatch.
Maybe Brandwatch is the problem, I don't know.

If it's a bot that's not executing JS, it wouldn't show up in GA. You'd really need to do some access log analysis to figure out what's going on.

Top Bottom