• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.5 Thread title for seo?

Hellooo,

Is it possible to change the title of the page for seo?

Currently my page titles to threads are like this: [Thread Title] | [Website Name]

Is it possible to have titles like this: [Thread Title] | [Name Of Category The Thread Is In] | [Website Name] ?

Thanks,

rainmotorsports

All those details are in the html 5 meta data I believe. Not sure but good search engines should already be seeing that. In fact Google is capable of understanding the full path of your breadcrumb

n00bsaibot

Google will append or change your title as they see fit anyway... they actually append my domain url even though I don't want it. Guess they don't like my titles! :cry:

All those details are in the html 5 meta data I believe. Not sure but good search engines should already be seeing that. In fact Google is capable of understanding the full path of your breadcrumb
Oh, Google aren't picking it up :/ So i thought there might be an option i'm missing?

I would drop the website name --- just make it [Thread Title] | [Name Of Category The Thread Is In]
Anyway of doing this in the back-end?

Google will append or change your title as they see fit anyway... they actually append my domain url even though I don't want it. Guess they don't like my titles! :cry:
Thanks for the info, shame there isn't an option as far as i know :/

Joeychgo

Anyway of doing this in the back-end?
Im not familiar enough with XF yet --- but in the page container template, the line that controls is this:

<title><xen:if is="{$title}">{xen:raw $title} | {$xenOptions.boardTitle}<xen:else />{$xenOptions.boardTitle}</xen:if></title>
You would need to edit that line --its how I'm not sure of at this point.

Same, it didn't take me long to figure out Wordpress without any help - XF seems a bit complicated, i brought a style, so i'm not sure if i should be editing the core XF files, or the style for changes i need. The support and community is great :)

Steve F

Personally, I wish XF had a system like wordpress where an admin could make the change without altering templates.
XF has Template Modifications. When I want things to carry across multiple styles or simply just don't want to edit a template I create an add-on and attach the template mods to it that way it carries through upgrades in most cases. All our sites have a small add-on with just template mods for various things.

upload_2016-1-30_16-52-12.png

fionix

Did you ever found a valid solution to get this work? for instant using the extra.css ? I would prefer if only the thread title shows up not the website title efter it.