1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[******] Thread tag 1.0

thread,tag

1. vinavb

vinavb Active Member

vinavb submitted a new resource:

[******] Thread tag (version 1.0) - thread,tag

Read more about this resource...

Vohn, ankurs, Wulfspider and 3 others like this.
  2. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Thanks! Liked and rated. How do I add a tag to an existing thread? It's not showing a tag box when editing the thread.

3. simunaqv

simunaqv Well-Known Member

Hi vinavb, thanks for releasing this mode. Is there a way to import the thread tags from the vbulletin forum database?

4. vinavb

vinavb Active Member

Maybe I will add option to import from vBulletin. Thanks for suggestion

Oh, I forgot about this. I will add it next time.

5. Wulfspider

Wulfspider Active Member

A few issues and suggestions... otherwise, you're off to a good start. :)

Issues:
    • Tags do not follow "Tag Maximum Length" and "Tag Minimum Length" as set in options, longer/shorter tags than allowed.
    • Tags do not follow any of the limits for that matter... not even the max tags limit.
    • "add a tag" phrase should be customizable via XenForo's system, not in the .js file. Could apply to the height and colors set in the .js file too.
    Suggestions:
    • Allow height of box and max width to be adjustable, and no scrollbar.
    • Allow locations of input boxes to be changed, such as below the description fields, top/bottom of thread, etc.
    On a side note, I don't see any tag clouds anywhere nor sidebar. The only place I see anything to do with tagging is when creating a thread. Am I missing something? I haven't really looked too much into it yet though... so perhaps I'll figure it out after a bit more sleep.

Attached Files:

Xarcell likes this.
  6. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Yeah Wulf is right. The height of the box is too high.

7. Lenin

Lenin Active Member

8. vinavb

vinavb Active Member

that's weird, I just checked it and still got an error message about minimum length
    thread_tag4.png

also with maximum length
    thread_tag5.png

but it seem still post a new thread with more than 10 tags ... I just forgot about tag cloud, it will be update next version ...

btw, thanks for your submission :)

9. ddmmh

ddmmh Well-Known Member

This looks good! Will this help Google results?

10. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

Is everyone able to tag or can we limit certain usergroups from using this addon?

11. bogus

bogus Guest

Trying to delete it gives this Error

12. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Please make it so that a thread tag is not required in order to make a thread. Disabled for now.

13. Wulfspider

Wulfspider Active Member

I think an option would be best in that regard, as some may want it the other way. ;)

14. Matthew2D

Matthew2D Active Member

Can you add an option in the search to search tags?

15. duydangle

duydangle Active Member

I think author will receive your feedbacks and quickly fix this plugin, don't worry :D.

16. GMS

GMS Member

Thanks for this add-on. I noticed that if i delete the thread, the tags are still considered for that thread and shown in the tag list! when clicked on this tag, it open a blank (without title or author) and locked thread (the one that was deleted, permanently). Please add this to your list of updates.

Thanks,
    GMS

17. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

Anyone notice this when you actually click 1 of the word in the tag cloud ?

Code:
    Template Errors: waindigo_thread_list_item_replace_last_post_avatar

Argument 1 passed to XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::helperUserNameHtml() must be an array, null given in /forums/library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php, line 1495
        Argument 1 passed to XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::getUserHref() must be an array, null given, called in /forums/library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php on line 1507 and defined in /forums/library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php, line 1396

Template Errors: waindigo_thread_list_item_last_post_avatar

Argument 1 passed to XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::helperAvatarHtml() must be an array, null given in /forums/library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php, line 1534
        Argument 1 passed to XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::getUserHref() must be an array, null given, called in /forums/library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php on line 1562 and defined in forums/library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php, line 1396
        Argument 1 passed to XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::helperUserNameHtml() must be an array, null given in /forums/library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php, line 1495
        Argument 1 passed to XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::getUserHref() must be an array, null given, called in /forums/library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php on line 1507 and defined in /forums/library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php, line 1396

Digital Doctor likes this.
  18. Adam Howard

And I have this in the xenforo error logs

Error Info

Code:
    ErrorException: Undefined index: thread_id - library/******/Tags/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:5
    Generated By: Unknown Account, 35 minutes ago
    Stack Trace

Code:
    #0 /forums/library/******/Tags/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(5): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/forums/...', 5, Array)
    #1 /forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): ******_Tags_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
    #2 /forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
    #3 /forums/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
    #4 {main}
    Request State
    Code:
    array(3) {
      ["url"] => string(77) "http://www.sociallyuncensored.eu/forums/threads/i-am-firesbreath.13355/page-2"
      ["_GET"] => array(0) {
      }
      ["_POST"] => array(0) {
      }
    }

19. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

20. Adam Howard