Thread Starter 1.6

No permission to download

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Thread Starter - Allows only the thread starter to post new messages.

Description:

This add-on allows only the thread starter to post new messages into a thread they started.

(Example of Options page)

View attachment 71335
Features:
  • All phrases start with threadstarter_ for your convenience.
  • A friendly message is displayed if a non thread starter tries to reply to a thread that is restricted by this add-on.
How to use:
  • Add forum ID's into Options page.
Installation:
  1. Download...

Read more about this resource...

How about that this Option is avaible for each single thread instead of ACP forumids by the hover-button "Thread-Options" on the reight top corner in postview?

Then it would be more useable for me.

You know what would be super cool? If you could set a time period that wouldn't allow the original poster to reply to the ad... Great for classified sections where you only allow an ad to be bumped every 3 days or so...

Thanks for this nice add-on.

Question: what is the use or where it will be used if we edit the phrase threadstarter_permission_to_replyis per your recommendation?

I'm trying to allow thread creators - in a specific forum - to choose, per thread, if they want to allow replies to that new thread. That isn't possible with this add-on, correct?

Awesome plugin. I just implemented this and it works how I was hoping it would. One thing I noticed that will cause issues for forums like mine, this doesn't work when using Tapatalk. I had someone test it and they can reply to threads that aren't created by them.

--- EDIT ---

I went ahead and disabled Tapatalk and started using Responsive Design.

Last edited:
Again, thanks for the quick update. Authors like you who do these things ASAP is what makes me enjoy your work more!

Hi Andy,

please can you set a valid unique version id for this add-on? Actualy in v 1.6 it has id "1" in the xml and so it dont works correct with the 2 install & upgrade add-ons from ChrisD and Waindigo... :)

regards

Hi Andy,

I wanted to let you know that I really like your add on and if my forum gets busy when it goes live I'll definately send something your way.

I must report a bug however, when you bump the thread after the original post expires you can continue to post over and over again until you leave the page. After you leave the page then the bump timer works properly.

Can you add an option to hide threads to everyone except the topic starter? IP.Board has this feature by default "Allow posters to view other member's topics... yes, no". Or would that be a different add-on?

Can you add an option to hide threads to everyone except the topic starter? IP.Board has this feature by default "Allow posters to view other member's topics... yes, no". Or would that be a different add-on?
I might be wrong but there is already a permission for this.
See: "View threads by others" in forum permissions.

Top Bottom