Thread starter reply only

Thread starter reply only [Paid] 2.2

No permission to buy ($35.00)

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Thread starter reply only - Allows only the thread starter to post replies.

Premium upgrade:

This XF2 add-on along with the entire collection can be purchased for $25.00 USD. Your Premium upgrade will allow you to download as many XF2 add-ons as you like for one year. Please see the entire collection located in the Resources area at this URL:

https://www.xf2addons.com/

Note: all my XF1 add-ons are still 100% free and are supported by donations.

Description:

Allows only the thread starter to post replies.

(Example of Options page)...

Read more about this resource...

Is there a permission to bypass the limitation? So that for example admins can still reply?

Is there a permission to bypass the limitation? So that for example admins can still reply?

I also would like to know this. I want a certain usergroup to be able to reply, not just mods. It looks like this is the case with your XF1 version, can you confirm if it's the same on this please?

Hi Andy,

I've signed up to the premium usergroup on your site to try this out, looks like it doesn't have usergroup bypass like the XF1 version of your add on.

Any chance you could add it please?

I don't really want people without the reply permissions to be encouraged to 'Reply via Private Conversation' either, so an option to disable that would be good, but no biggie if not.

doesn't seem to work for my forum... any idea why?

quick reply isn't there but the reply buttons are there and work still?

Is it possible to create public thread where only selected members can participate in discussion?

So all members can view and read the thread, but selected members only can write replies.

@AndyB we installed this and the post reply box is gone but the quick reply and quote buttons are still there and allows users to respond in that way. Is there something we need to do or is this a known issue?

Thanks!

Top Bottom