Thread starter names in nodes and finding new posts

Alvin63

So I'm finding that I'd like the nodes to display a bit differently. At the moment it shows:

Subject name - number of threads - number of messages - avatar of last poster and then on the right the post title and last poster's name.

I would prefer the far right to show the name of the person who started the post. because at the moment, with it being a fairly new forum I answer most posts more than others - so all that shows up on the right is my name and avatar all the time! And no indication of whose post it is.

The other issue I'm finding is - people actually finding new posts. the Widgets on the right show latest posts but only five of them. While "Whats new" at the top shows more, that doesn't show everything without a couple of extra clicks.

Also I don't really know the purpose of the button top right above the widgets - saying "new posts" - which seems to be the same thing as "what's new" but actually only shows two old posts when clicked on!

Any tips gratefully received.

lso I don't really know the purpose of the button top right above the widgets - saying "new posts" - which seems to be the same thing as "what's new" but actually only shows two old posts when clicked on!
When clicking on new posts, it will show you threads with new activity that you haven't seen yet. So if there was a new thread that was started yesterday and you haven't entered that thread yet then it will still show it as new posts because you haven't physically entered the thread yet. You'll still get the distinction between new posts and threads that haven't changed since your last login. You'll see "threads below have not been updated since your last visit"

Thanks. It does seem a bit confusing. One in "new posts" from two days ago that I hadn't read. But didn't show up in "latest posts".

I'd kind of like to simplify it so there is just one place to see "latest threads" easily. Rather than three options. Any suggestions how to do that? Can I move the widget content above the nodes?

Top Bottom