XF 1.4 Thread Spam, can't control it?

mauzao9

Hello there.

I have been facing a problem that is, some content on the forum requires one user upgrade to unlock, such promotion can be achieved by posting a valid thread on X forum.

I'm facing something i can't control, that is, people creating several threads on the same place, beföre the promotion actually runs.

Searching around it feels no lucky so i'm creating the thread, is there any mod or option i can set to limit the time to wait before create another thread?

I appreciate any help :)

There is only the flood control timer but that is global and would affect all members unless it was overridden with user group permissions.

Yeah i saw mods would limit thread flood control, but the threads were archived (before the resource manager) and no more downloads, but this feels a tweak that would nice to revive.

Not working as expected, i hate when people skip reading logic and simple things. =/
Setup your usergroup promotion so that it only works for 1 post? "User has posted at least X messages" and "User has posted no more than X messages" where X = 1 for both :)
Then allow them to delete their posts in X forum, so if they do more than 1 then it's up to them to fix it before they get promoted.

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/new-thread-limit.3439/

This is different to the one I use... though should do the job. I have one on my site that limits by permission and count how many threads a user can ever create in a given forum, as I only ever want one introduction thread by a member.
That's exactly what i need has it's also about introductions, that mod works but the limit being days and applying to all usergroups is pretty overkill :(

Trying to implement limitations around doesn't work well, when people really want to something they won't read and just spam towards us, not that easy to control.

You want to limit introductions forum to one thread per user, ever... yes? Then set the thread to 1 and set the days to 99999999999999999999 and you pretty much are saying, everyone can only ever create one introduction thread, ever.

Or not what you want?

Ah... no, you are correct, that is global and not node specific. My bad... sorry. Mine is node specific... maybe look through the archives and see if it still exists here. I know mine is old, but still works for me on 1.4.

Top Bottom