Not a bug Thread sorting is not saved correctly

psTubble27

This is most visible in the HYS forum.

1) All threads on the first page of HYS have been read, they have the non-bold font and everything.

2) I look at the sorting at it for some reason was set to "by Start Date" and not "by Last Message". I set it to "by Last Message", and that seems to work for the time being. Bolded unread threads finally appear.

3) I check back the next day, and the HYS again has all threads sorted "by Start Date".

Last edited:
That is a new feature in 1.2.

Default sort order can be set per forum.

The HYS forum had been set to start date.

Yes I know, but if we can't sort by "Latest Message", then threads with new posts will be dispersed throughout the pages of the forum. Some on page 1, some on page 2, page 3, etc. That's how HYS is right now. And we cannot permanently sort the forum to always bring newly-updated threads to the top, like we could in 1.1

I understand. But it kind of conflicts with standard forum usability. Many forum users like to keep up with the latest on a given topic. Here, at best they can click on the newest post that shows up on the main forum page, but God forbid they miss one, cause then they'll have to flip through all of the pages trying to find that one thread with a new post.

Last edited:
Clicking on the thread title takes you to the first unread post.

If people need the granularity of reading every new post, they'll probably be using "New Posts" to locate new content.

There's also the option of Watching the forum for new replies.

I don't really see what the issue is here. The important part of the HYS forum is new threads being created, so what they've done makes loads more sense.

I see HYS posts in What's New (Even More New Stuff):

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-06-24 at 5.09.42 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2013-06-24 at 5.09.42 PM.webp
    90.4 KB · Views: 5
I understand. But it kind of conflicts with standard forum usability. Many forum users to keep up with the latest on a given topic. Here, at best they can click on the newest post that shows up on the main forum page, but God forbid they miss one, cause then they'll have to flip through all of the pages trying to find that one thread with a new post.

This. I also prefer sort order by the last new post.

Top Bottom